Thread: Smash and dash

Smash and dash

Heard some windows were smashed at a few ramps at Jordan and Harris today. Fished out of Poe's ridge and there were at least two windows broken by looking at the glass on the ground when I came in this morning.

2. Banned
    Gibs me dat!! The mentality of some people is amazing. I don't leave anything in my truck worth stealing at the ramp, so I don't even lock the doors. I figure it will at least keep my windows intact.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcz118 View Post
    Heard some windows were smashed at a few ramps at Jordan and Harris today. Fished out of Poe's ridge and there were at least two windows broken by looking at the glass on the ground when I came in this morning.
    What time of the morning were you there? Were the vehicles that were vandalized possibly someone night fishing or early morning launchers?

4. Member
    Few of us coming off the water said we didn't see it when we put in this morning. Another boater stopped me to let me know. They said Roberson was hit and wild life officers were there. He also said a ramp at Harris was hit. Not sure if that was true.

5. Banned
    Sure hope they catch them and post their pictures and names. Lowlifes for sure.

6. Member
    Multiple break ins in the same area same time were probably the same people doing the dirty deed. Usually worse during the summer than other times of the year.

Poe's has that one camera at the entrance that should record folks driving by the where you pay.. Wonder if that works and would provide any info...
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Scum of the earth plain and simple! Happened to my father several years ago. Came back in and everyone's windows were busted out, apparently just for the fun of it.

9. Banned
    One day I am going to get some of these thieving bastards. I have a dashcam and leave it running whenever the vehicle is at the ramp and one day I am going to catch some video..........

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    One day I am going to get some of these thieving bastards. I have a dashcam and leave it running whenever the vehicle is at the ramp and one day I am going to catch some video..........
    Thought about doing the same thing but if they break in they are going to steal the dashcam.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    Thought about doing the same thing but if they break in they are going to steal the dashcam.
    Oh yeah... I am just hoping I would not be one of the ones broke into and catch them for someone else. You can also get some dash cams that are internet connected via cell networks that off load the pics remotely (but those are pricey). Come to think of it I would be surprised if there is not a phone app to do this already.

Just sux we have to fight thieves...

12. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    I'm going to remember this the next time I see your truck. ;)
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow