Drain plug stuck

The drain plug on much 2016 cougar FTD is stuck. I believe there's some sand that's keeping it from being unscrewed. I can get it able a quarter turn out from full tightened before it's impossible to move. I tried using pliers and a cloth but I don't want to break it. Any suggestions ?
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD/Evinrude G2
    Realtor, Co-Owner
    Complete Real Estate
    142 Market Square Newington, CT 06111
    Cell: 860-608-8857 Tel: 860-665-1000 Fax: 860-665-8062
    Instagram: @Maximillianaire

what the rear Hull drain plug?? sorta hot water with good amount of dish soap .make it sorta slick without chemicals. give that a try, if wont work at least be sorta clean for threaded style..

if these styles , it was loosened too much, and the rear threaded plate is just spinning , due to too far from rubber for a grip,
    Last edited by Bass AHolic; 07-16-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Yes, sand does bind them sometime. It gets in the bilge from backing up and winds up through the threads. A force of water can help and a little water inside the threads as you turn it with a crescent. Be careful as the head will twist off if you force it.

4. Member
    Just spray a water hose into/onto the plug and turn it back and forth till it loosens up

5. Member
    The last failure I saw on one of these was on a neighbor's Ranger. We were leaving the dock at about the same time and I flagged him down and asked, "OK, is that some new secret weapon to try to keep up with me?" He replied "what?" I pointed to the back of his boat (just launched) and said "that jet stream of water coming out of the back." He looked, jumped up and started fiddling with the thing, ended up pulling it back out of the water. Later told me he reverted to the old-style plug. Said something about it having shifted and not sealing.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

6. Member
    If water doesn't work as BCB suggested I would use some Kroil Oil in a spray can and it will come right out

http://www.kanolabs.com/penLub.html

OldTimer57, we think your speaking of the remote drain and not the plastic screw in plug on older Rangers. This is a stainless screw in plug on the newer BCB models and we never used a plastic screw in. We don't believe Ranger ever used a stainless insert and plug that screws in, only the plastic version with the molded T strip retainer.