MercMonitor not recognizing fuel tank

I just got my boat back from having the 350 Vrod hung on the back of my bay boat but I can't get the MercMonitor to pick up the fuel tank. It reads zero gallons. I input the gas tank size in gallons and calibrated it the default way.

How can I test my sending unit?

Ive checked the wires. The ground is attached to the mounting bolt on the sending unit and the tank 1 wire is mounted to the top of the sending unit. I pulled the cowling off to ensure that the fuel/oil harness was plugged into the side of the engine and it was.

Any ideas? I'm going to walk outside and get the serial number for the engine shortly.
    01' Kenner 23v - 16' 350 Vrod
    MotorGuide - Lenco - Power Pole - Garmin - Bobs Machine

2. Member
    No one?

2B365763

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Nice speaking with you today. Let me know how you come out after continuity testing the Tank-1 circuit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Thanks Don. I appreciate your time very much!

Continuity was good. I remembered you saying is it grounded to the starting battery... I double checked any it wasn't. It was grounded to the house battery buss bar! I re-routed the wire and tied it into the starting battery ground.. Boom! We have a reading!

So so that was it all this time. It was grounded to the wrong battery. Thanks-a-million for mentioning that little detail!