Louisville Restaurants?

Hey my Louisville friends, I will be in your town for a convention this week. My family loves local flavor when we go to eat. I need some good suggestions on where to go! Possum likes steak. The rest of us like anything. Any help??

I will be preaching at the Yum Center Monday night at 730. Look me up if you get a chance. You will need to register in the Galt House to get in, but I would enjoy seeing some of you guys again.

2. Member
    This is more of a smoke house type food. Bbq, gourmet burgers other cool food its called hammerheads is one of my favorites its in the basement of a house its a cool place. Also there is (game) has exotic type meats. Kangaroo, buffalo, elk, etc... has burgers meatballs that type of stuff. Theres always the expensive steak houses, mortons, jeff rubys. But we like to eat at the smaller private owned places.

3. Banned
    Try this... Dan

http://www.jeffruby.com/

4. Member
    There is a restaurant just down the street from the Galt House that is Jim Beams. All food is bourbon related.

Silver Dollar is kinda neat and close to where you will be.

6. Member
    J Alexanders next to oxmoor mall

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Silver Dollar is kinda neat and close to where you will be.
    agree i like that place alot to

8. Banned
    Troll Pub has always been my favorite in that part of town, under the 2nd Street Bridge, right next to the YUM Center. Good fish and chips!

Just across the river from the YUM Center is Rocky's on the River, awesome calzones, pizza, and lasagna. Has one of the best views of the city of Lousiville on the patio dining area. Papa John's first job was working for Rocky's. You can walk to it from the YUM Center, did that a few times, but if you eat to much at Rocky's you'll wish you had drove.

All the suggestions so far are good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Troll Pub has always been my favorite in that part of town, under the 2nd Street Bridge, right next to the YUM Center. Good fish and chips!

Just across the river from the YUM Center is Rocky's on the River, awesome calzones, pizza, and lasagna. Has one of the best views of the city of Lousiville on the patio dining area. Papa John's first job was working for Rocky's. You can walk to it from the YUM Center, did that a few times, but if you eat to much at Rocky's you'll wish you had drove.

All the suggestions so far are good ones.

Do not go to Rocky's, it has really gone downhill. Horrible service and the food isn't what it used to be.

10. Member
    If you want pizza try Impellazari's (spelling). Walking distance from where your at and great pizza.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Esnow76 View Post
    Do not go to Rocky's, it has really gone downhill. Horrible service and the food isn't what it used to be.
    Hate to hear that! It's been a few months since I've been, bummer....loved drinking Falls City on their patio.

Pizza, Impellazari's is good as is Wick's. It is a about a 25-30 minute drive but if you like fried green tomatoes and comfort food Goose Creek Diner is very good.