Thread: Swim bait ?

Swim bait ?

What are you guys using for heads and also what swim baits ,, looking for ledge baits ,, something to keep bait on right. Thanks

2. Member
    I use the Picasso 3x heads or dirty jigs head. They're very similar and hold keitech or spark shads great with no glue

3. Member
    Ledgehead Swimbait Head

One of the best swimbait heads I've ever used right here. It comes with a good hook and the keepers are top notch. Your bait will not slide down with these keepers.

Basstrix

One of my personal favorites is the Basstrix paddle tail swimbait. I prefer the 5" or 6" model for ledge fishing. This bait has a nice side to side rolling action on the retrieve and the tail thumps at even the slowest of speeds. These swimbaits also have great durability.

2k jigs powerlock!

5. Member
    Dirty Jigs HD or the regular. The ones with the two wire keepers, they work great.

I don't necessarily do any ledge fishing, but I like to throw swimbaits for hybrid striped bass. Nothing tests tackle like these fish.
    My goto now is the TT HeadlockZ HD. This keeper works very well with either Z-Man plastics or conventional plastics.

https://zmanfishing.com/store/catego...ners/headlockz

Couple things I really like about this head besides the bait keeper.
    1. Head is stamped with the weight so I know exactly what I'm grabbing.
    2. There are 20 different hook size/hed size configurations from 1/8oz to 3 oz and 3/0 to 8/0 heavy duty mustad hooks. I can match exactly the weight I want with the hook size to match my bait.
    3. These hooks are sharp and stout. I have never even slightly bent these hooks on wipers, even the smallest 3/0.

I really like the 6" Z-Man SwimmerZ. They are tough and have great action. Some colors are kind of gaudy for saltwater. I stick with smokey shad, pearl, and blueback herring. Awesome colors.
    The 8" Mag SwimZ is a really big swimbait that should work well on ledges. I've thrown them for stripers before. The tail design is really something special. Just swims really well at even slow speeds.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the input.

8. Member
    For the really big sizes that need large hooks, I recommend the Jenko jigheads. That hook is massive and the keepers work well enough.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS