My Allisons is part submarine.............

So went to Doctors Lake today on the mighty St.Johns river to do some side scan mapping of points. While running down the river hit some big rollers and the mount that holds the transducer broke. So, no more side scanning I decided to run up Black Creek and check out the sand bar. On the way up the creek I had to pass multiple Wakeboard boats. I was passing one and got caught in a cross wake from a wakeboard boat coming the other direction and absolutely stuffed the bow into a wave. I had about 4 to 5 inches of water in the bottom of the boat. Soaked me and my partner to the core. That was my first and last visit there. To much traffic and I had to deal with about 6 wakeboard boats. The creek aint but, about 200 to 300 feet wide. Not big enough for that many wakeboarders. But, I was hot as hell and the water did cool me off..........................lol

2. Member
    Nothing worse than being stuck in a narrow slough and there's either giant boats passing or wakebord boats on both sides! I was fishing a long rock wall and the boat was about 5' from the rocks in a narrow slough and 2 wakeboard boats both towing boarders pass going in the opposite directions! I pushed my TM to 100% and nearly avoided being smashed up against the rocks! About 5 minutes later this small to medium sized yacht slows way down for me and says you might want to head out of this slough as there are about 12 of us with boats bigger than mine headed this way! I was out quick!
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

3. Member
    Biggest downfall of the 2003.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    Biggest downfall of the 2003.
    knock on wood I have not stuffed this 21' Cant say that about my 2003

5. Member
    I haven't stuffed one in my 02 and have been in worse water. Just a characteristic of the 03.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

I have had water land in my lap a few times in my 03 lol

7. Member
    When I was a kid we used to take off the front compartment in the 2003 and ride around in there. I got a facefull several times.

8. Member
    Its one of the only things i do not like about my 2003. I have stuffed several on Toledo Bend and Lake Fork.

9. Member
    As long as the confessional is open I have to walk in. I have punched mine 4 times. Twice at an idle headed into waves caused By wakes boats and twice while on plane going with big waves driven by wind. My 21 does not allow idle speed into waves...it will take the waves over the bow... could not belief it happened. Really didn't expect that considering the shape of the bow. As for going with the waves driven by wind I have found it nearly impossible to go straight over a wave, come down and not have water coming over the deck. Going down wind in big waves is doable without punching but I have to pick a path constantly and run the troughs and tach. It's a good ride but I have to be really pay attention. The last time it happened my floor board took forever to drain. Found a drop shot weight plugging one side. Planning to enlarge the drain sizes on the floor. Any comments and suggestions for better driving techniques is certainly welcome.
    Carte's Custom

Quote Originally Posted by hirks View Post
    I have had water land in my lap a few times in my 03 lol
    When I fished the 2003 I would put co- angler straight behind me. Had a couple get angry because I would duck and it landed in there lap.

We took on so much water that my partner was wondering if we were gonna sink. There was no shit at least 4 inches of water in the floor. When I went to take off and it moved to the rear it was up over the split between the top and bottom cap.

12. Member
    4 inches is nothing... I've had the luxury of being a passenger in a Triton 20X and the water was pretty much even with the decks......

The cock pit of a triton isn't nearly as big as my 2003 cock pit. That's still a lot of water though.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    The cock pit of a triton isn't nearly as big as my 2003 cock pit. That's still a lot of water though.
    Good point. It was crazy though!