Water pump maintenance/repair 250 SHO question?

Going to change my impeller on my '14 250 SHO and was wondering what you guys replace. Do you replace everything including the outer plate cartridge or just the basic impeller and gaskets? I have 314 hours and run in mostly clear water! Buying from Sim Yamaha and wondering which kit to buy.

Thanks, John.

2. Tony C
    I do the whole kit, replaces everything. I'm sure there are those that only replace the impeller. I like to know I have all the parts just in case something gets broke while taking apart. Just my two cents.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

Your motor is pretty new so I would think everything associated with your pump would be in pretty good shape. Having said that I would order the complete kit and here's why. You never know what might be broken or what might be stuck when you pull the old stuff off. Better to have all the parts available if needed then have to order again and wait.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Your motor is pretty new so I would think everything associated with your pump would be in pretty good shape. Having said that I would order the complete kit and here's why. You never know what might be broken or what might be stuck when you pull the old stuff off. Better to have all the parts available if needed then have to order again and wait.
    Good point. Thanks.

John