Ranger-Trail brake work recommendation

I have a 2000 Ranger 175c center console on a Ranger Trail. I have 2 issues. First is that the brakes do not automatically disengage when I put it in reverse (truck wiring is fine), 2nd is that we found a brake pad under the trailer when I pulled it out to have it repowered yesterday. I think my brakes need to be looked at. :eek2: I don't have the time and/or inclination to do it myself.

Any recommendations for a place that could address both issues? I know the Ranger-Trails have unusual oil filled hubs, which some places may not be that familiar with, but I am not sure if the brakes are standard hydraulics or Ranger specific in anyway.

I'm located in Newark, DE

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Closest Ranger dealer is in Millville, NJ ... http://franzwasmarine.rangerdealer.c...ationid=145346

Other than that, I would look for a RV dealer that services surge brakes. I think the Ranger Cool Hubs are UFP GOLD oil bath hubs.

Franzwa's Marine will take care of you.
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Closest Ranger dealer is in Millville, NJ ... http://franzwasmarine.rangerdealer.c...ationid=145346

Other than that, I would look for a RV dealer that services surge brakes. I think the Ranger Cool Hubs are UFP GOLD oil bath hubs.
    thanks - never been to that dealer - I am hoping Ranger surge brakes are standard enough that most places can work on them.
    2023 Lund Adventure 1775 Sport w/ 90hp Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by johnsobo View Post
    Franzwa's Marine will take care of you.
    Never heard of them, will check out. thanks
    2023 Lund Adventure 1775 Sport w/ 90hp Mercury

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    ...I am hoping Ranger surge brakes are standard enough that most places can work on them.
    My bet is that they are UFP parts just like most every other bass boat trailer out there.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donmac View Post
    I have a 2000 Ranger 175c center console on a Ranger Trail. I have 2 issues. First is that the brakes do not automatically disengage when I put it in reverse (truck wiring is fine), 2nd is that we found a brake pad under the trailer when I pulled it out to have it repowered yesterday. I think my brakes need to be looked at. :eek2: I don't have the time and/or inclination to do it myself.

Any recommendations for a place that could address both issues? I know the Ranger-Trails have unusual oil filled hubs, which some places may not be that familiar with, but I am not sure if the brakes are standard hydraulics or Ranger specific in anyway.

I'm located in Newark, DE

Sounds like maybe the solenoid that's part of the actuator is not activating when you put it in reverse to allow you to back up.

Db42 Calipers with pads and a new brake solenoid and your set..if your rotors and hubs are in good shape.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Franzwa's did some work on my BassCat years back when they were a BassCat dealer.
    No issues, they were great to deal with.

10. Member
    Check the pins that hold the calipers on they will work loose and need to be lock tite on the pins and a thin nut to hold on on inside; they are as work on.

Change to Vortex or Kodiak brakes, either are better than DB-42 or 35s. Changed mine to Kodiak from DB-42. Much, much better setup. JMHO