Boat friendly hotels near Old Hickory Lake

Since the ABA military tournament is going to be on Old Hickory Lake next year, I'm debating about taking a week off and enjoying TN for awhile. From what I can tell, there's hardly any reasonably priced houses to rent and not much to choose from regarding hotels that would have dedicated boat parking with electric hookups for recharging. Just asking if anyone has any experience or recommendations on where to stay.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

2. Member
    I live in Hendersonville next to the lake and can't say any of the hotels have dedicated boat parking with electric hook ups. Have heard other fisherman at the gas station refueling talk about houses they have rented for the week. You may also check campgrounds there are several on the lake. I'll put some research into it and see if I can find anything. There are several tournaments here every can't say I have ever seen several boats at one place. If nothing works out your welcome to my yard to park it in.

3. Member
    Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking for houses and see if they aren't listed on something other than VRBO.

4. Member
    What is the launch ramp? Sanders Ferry Park or Flippers in Gallatin?

5. Member
    Hampton Inn in Gallatin has excellent parking to keep your boat attached to your truck with outside power as well. Baymont is fair.
    Basscat!

6. Banned
    Nashville is now one of the premier medium-sized cities and a happening place. Hotel rates have skyrocketed even out in the 'burbs.

Check Booking.com for Hendersonville for rooms. An alternative would be Goodlettsville or Gallatin.

If I was going to be visiting Middle Tennessee, I would be staying 20 to 30 miles out of Nashville or in state parks.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

If I was going to be visiting Middle Tennessee, I would be staying 20 to 30 miles out of Nashville or in state parks.
    And that is why I live in Portland. The only decent property for tourney guys on the north side of the lake was the Relax Inn. It was recently replaced with a funeral home. There are some options in Gallatin .
    GETFISHED !!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    What is the launch ramp? Sanders Ferry Park or Flippers in Gallatin?
    I was told that they were going to launch out of Sanders Ferry Park.

9. Member
    Sanders Ferry ramp is right in the middle of Hendersonville. Good launch area.

As far as I know the Relax Inn is still there and will be closest to your ramp. It has decent amount of room for boats.
    It's not going to win any awards but is a decent place to stay. My neighbor actually built the place back in the seventies.

11. Member
    Thanks everyone on where to look. Actually Air BNB has a lot more options/listings than VRBO does that are reasonably priced.

12. Member
    Quality Inn in Gallatin. Used to be a Jamison Inn which are boat friendly. Hope that will help some.