Thread: Curado 200k ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Curado 200k ?

What are the chances this reel is equal or better than the 200e series? I have 2 chronarch 150 ci4 and between the brakes,150 size and the handle I could never get use to it. Looking to sell them and get curado k's

Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    What are the chances this reel is equal or better than the 200e series? I have 2 chronarch 150 ci4 and between the brakes,150 size and the handle I could never get use to it. Looking to sell them and get curado k's
    Better than the E in who's opinion? You will never get a straight answer on that because too many people their opinions on it. Smoother gearing, faster gear ratio, bigger handles and more precise breaking system? Yes. That doesn't necessarily make it better. The E series are tanks and one of the best reels ever made in my opinion.

Honestly, I have high hopes for this 200K. I have an XG on pre-order. It has a plastic worm drive and pawl. There are a bunch of die hard fanboys that hate that and will not buy one because of it. I'm ok with it and plan to buy one. I'm also an E and D series snob too.

3. Member
    When you get the reel please let me know what you think. My hopes are the same as yours but I have my doubts based on other models.

Quote Originally Posted by rockchalk06 View Post
    Better than the E in who's opinion? You will never get a straight answer on that because too many people their opinions on it. Smoother gearing, faster gear ratio, bigger handles and more precise breaking system? Yes. That doesn't necessarily make it better. The E series are tanks and one of the best reels ever made in my opinion.

Honestly, I have high hopes for this 200K. I have an XG on pre-order. It has a plastic worm drive and pawl. There are a bunch of die hard fanboys that hate that and will not buy one because of it. I'm ok with it and plan to buy one. I'm also an E and D series snob too.
    Actually IMHO the E series reels were good but far from perfect in anyway. They had/have issues alot of people don't even realize until it is too late. I could go into greater detail but will not do so in this forum, and for the record, anytime I offer my opinion it is an honest one.

I work on these things FULLTIME 364 days a year, so trust me when I say I have just about seen it all. That said, my opinion on this new K is that time will be the true measure of success, but the changes and improvements they have made over past generations and the way they have held up to this point is far superior overall to any new release reel I have seen come from Shimano (baitcaster) in quite awhile.

Is the K perfect? Probably not for everyone. Is it better than an E? NOT EVEN CLOSE! K is a far superior effort.
    Last edited by reelex; 07-14-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Is the K perfect? Probably not for everyone. Is it better than an E? NOT EVEN CLOSE! My opinion....
    Dan, when you state not even close, is that in favor of the E or the K?
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

Personally I think the I is better than the E but I know I am in the minority on that. I like the new braking system better.
    Likely going to order me a K for my jig rod and give it a go this fall.

7. Member
    p2geo, I pm'd Dan asking to clarify that statement as I was confused how to interpret it as well. He said the Curado K is hands down a better reel

Quote Originally Posted by iFISHforLAUGHS View Post
    p2geo, I pm'd Dan asking to clarify that statement as I was confused how to interpret it as well. He said the Curado K is hands down a better reel
    Thank you! It had me thinking too.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

I preordered one from TW, and even though their site says they won't arrive until September I got an email with tracking info saying it was on its way. I should have it next Friday. Can't wait!
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    I preordered one from TW, and even though their site says they won't arrive until September I got an email with tracking info saying it was on its way. I should have it next Friday. Can't wait!
    Really? Is that the only thing you ordered from tacklewarehouse, because if you ordered more items they will ship and then the backorder will ship when it comes into stock...

11. Member
    Performance wise ill take a 3rd curado70 over a 3rd curado50e.

Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    did you order anything else besides the reel ?

13. Member
    It will certainly have to be better than the Ci4...... I have 8 of them that I plan to unload.

14. Member
    Hoping for a smaller 50/70 sized version of this reel. Then maybe I will bite...

15. Member
    I handled one a couple weeks ago, the best Curado I've seen, was very smooth, if they offered one in a 5 gear, I would own it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    did you order anything else besides the reel ?
    No, I didn't. I just jumped at it.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Someone got their Curado K already and did review on youtube. The reel appears to be really small! Still not sure about the looks

18. Member
    There is one on Ebay for $299.99

I got to hold one at iCast and play around with it a little. It's pretty much the same size as the current Curado I but they slimmed down the non handle side plate a bit fore better palming. At a $170 price point its going to be a really nice reel. Haven't casted it yet obviously but it is going to be a bump up from the Curado I.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysfishing View Post
    There is one on Ebay for $299.99
    I predict that auction will be down soon. Either the seller is FOS about having it in hand to sell or they have acquired it illegally.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast