Thread: Curado 200k ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    I would bash any company for putting more plastic in reels as it cheapens them and is not fair to the consumer. But if thats what you like, then more power to ya. I express my concerns, and am not afraid to speak my mind. Its more than i can say about the many keyboard commandos that think they are the coolest on the Internet.

Have a nice day.
    It probably is cheaper to manufacture them but, the pertinent question is, does it make the reel a lower quality offering? Many years ago, people complained when (automotive) suspension pieces started being made of aluminum. For many, 'aluminum soda' cans were considered too weak a material to make car parts from. Time has proven that properly engineered, aluminum suspension parts are often a better solution than steel. Aluminum, like plastic, comes in many formulations with different characteristics. Just because there are plastic parts in a reel, I'm not going to write it off. Of course, all are welcome to their own opinions but that is mine.

I might need to eat those words if my new K doesn't prove durable.
    2003 520VX 225 Optimax

Sometimes it's not the engineers that make the decisions , it's the corporate bean counters.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchalk06 View Post
    He may be knowledgeable in many areas, but he's wrong this time. I never question his credibility, but his attitude has ensured that I will never use him or recommend his services to anyone.
    I bet he's worried about that, been doing it for 20 years, he won't miss you

4. Member
    Just my opinion, but I believe that there is a fine line between making reels lighter and retaining their power under a load. I never have been one to put too much emphasis on the latest and lightest, I generally prefer the reels in the median range of weights. With than in mind, I recently bought a couple of the Lews Super Dutys. I have not tried them out yet, but I am anxious to see how they compare to my old Curado greenies and Team Daiwa X's.

Quote Originally Posted by quixtr View Post
    I bet he's worried about that, been doing it for 20 years, he won't miss you
    Did you get your feelings hurt or something?

6. Member
    Did you get your feelings hurt or something?
    Nope, I'm to old to have feelings hurt by someone I don't know, we say what we choose to say, right?

One thing I definitely like with the K is the brakes. The last generation were a problem for me. I don't have a Curado I but I do have a Chronarch Ci4, and the brakes on that one have been a pain in the ass. I have had problems switching them off, like the little tail end of them that hangs out won't fold under or something. They just pop off. So I left them all on and just loosened the spool tension knob. Reel works great like that, so it really isn't worth complaining about, but if I decided to get more detailed with my stuff then I'd be unhappy. But the K brakes are easy to dial in. I really like this reel. I think its reputation will hold up just fine.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    One thing I definitely like with the K is the brakes. The last generation were a problem for me. I don't have a Curado I but I do have a Chronarch Ci4, and the brakes on that one have been a pain in the ass. I have had problems switching them off, like the little tail end of them that hangs out won't fold under or something. They just pop off. So I left them all on and just loosened the spool tension knob. Reel works great like that, so it really isn't worth complaining about, but if I decided to get more detailed with my stuff then I'd be unhappy. But the K brakes are easy to dial in. I really like this reel. I think its reputation will hold up just fine.
    You can replace those brake shoes that don't stay put, the little clip that holds them 'off' must be worn out. You can also remove the brakes you don't plan to use from the spool entirely.

Was out with the K for about 4 hours today. It's really growing on me. Solid, casts well, super smooth on the retrieve, and pretty killer looking. Starting to become my favorite reel.

Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    Was out with the K for about 4 hours today. It's really growing on me. Solid, casts well, super smooth on the retrieve, and pretty killer looking. Starting to become my favorite reel.
    Thats good to hear. Reports are slow to come in on it. I won't have time to get anytime with mine until this weekend. For now it's Bermuda/concrete/Bermuda

11. Member
    Got the reels in Wednesday night, spooled them up and got to play a little with them. Handles are great they feel way better than the ci4 I sold for them. Hope to test them out next week on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    Got the reels in Wednesday night, spooled them up and got to play a little with them. Handles are great they feel way better than the ci4 I sold for them. Hope to test them out next week on the water.
    Glad to hear that. They do look and feel nice indeed, I'm waiting on November for the left hand reels to finally show up. In the meantime, all you right hand guys who are fortunate enough to have them, keep posting up your impressions whether good or bad, it's all good information. Personal preference and expectations play a huge role in how new tackle is generally accepted, especially with something as noteworthy as the Curado reel lineage. Fortunately, I'll get to fish them a good bit over the winter - there's always a bright side

Ordered the last 8 gear the Trap had earlier this week, cant wait for the reel to arrive. FWIW I'm visiting Tennessee on vacation and happened to stop at a local Bass Pro, not only did they have them in stock they also had a Left hand retrieve available. For anyone in the area that's looking for that hard to find Left retrieve.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

Quote Originally Posted by p2geo View Post
    Ordered the last 8 gear the Trap had earlier this week, cant wait for the reel to arrive. FWIW I'm visiting Tennessee on vacation and happened to stop at a local Bass Pro, not only did they have them in stock they also had a Left hand retrieve available. For anyone in the area that's looking for that hard to find Left retrieve.
    Interesting, which BPS had a LH Curado K? Enjoy your new reel and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Interesting, which BPS had a LH Curado K? Enjoy your new reel and thank you!
    BPS located in Kodak, Tennessee. They had a right hand on display and the gentleman behind the counter said they had 1 LH retrieve and 3 additional RH retrieves in stock. All 6 gear ratio.

Thanks, I'm sure I will. Will be contacting you real soon about some GLX's
    2008 Stratos 294 XL

Quote Originally Posted by p2geo View Post
    BPS located in Kodak, Tennessee. They had a right hand on display and the gentleman behind the counter said they had 1 LH retrieve and 3 additional RH retrieves in stock. All 6 gear ratio.

Thanks, I'm sure I will. Will be contacting you real soon about some GLX's

There goes your wallet!

There goes your wallet!

Try a GLX they said.......it'll be fun they said.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL

Flipped/pitched the last 2 days with a XG,65# braid,with 3/4,and 1 1/2 oz weights.The reel felt great really solid,and smooth..larger handle is really nice,if it turns out to be as tough as the E series...going to be a real winner

TW shows an in-stock date of 10/1 now, it was 9/21. Mine is still on backorder from Cabelas.

Really wish companies could release their products closer to iCast than they have been. Certainly not the end of the world, but don't understand why they would promote something that isn't available for up to 6 months.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast