Question Seat Removal and Step box install?

Need to remove center fold seat and install step box. Any suggestions on removing rivets? Has anyone used velcro to install step box? Thanks

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Gregg, I did that on my Caracal, but tho seat was attached with screws. I would guess you can just drill the rivets out. Hopefully BCB will give you an answer.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Bill, that's what i was kinda things or grind heads off but would like to get rivet out without anything falling inside.

4. Member
    BCB?

5. Member
    I replaced the step with a seat in my 2016 puma. I drilled out the rivets, they fell down into the cooler, and installed the seat with screws. Whole process was fairly painless

We generally drill just the heads to the glass level, then punch the rivet through the glass inside. The type of fuel tank is a question and what or how you access that area through the seat box. If you have rear tanks we would not worry much about the rivet and gather them in the bilge eventually. Of course access is the reason now, and you also can remove the seat box and catch the rivet and not have them rolling around in your rig.

7. Member
    04 PIV. No access to underneath. How important would it be to retrieve all the rivets from underneath? What size drill bit? Has anyone installed step box with heavy duty velcro?

8. Member
    bump

Try use a number bit just over 3/16" at the factory. The seat box is removable if you want and it's a little work. Otherwise they hurt nothing other than bouncing around some.

10. Member
    Complete :) Left the hinges on from the bottom part of seat and drilled new pilot holes for screws in step box so I only had to remove the four rivets in the back of the seat. Only one issue. The hinges on the back of seat rubbed off the gel coat. Any suggestions on touching that up? Thanks

11. Member
    Pics please!
    Dave

12. Member
    Tried white oil based paint stick and still see marks through paint. Even cut a small groove in cardboard to had over area and used white spray paint, same result. Never have posted pictures.

13. Member
    bass57348
    I posted this a few years ago on BCB owners forms - pics and a description on how to switch form a seat to a step box.

link:
    http://basscatowners.yuku.com/reply/...n#reply-137713
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

14. Member
    catmantwo, that's what I did and worked good. Just trying to figure out how to cover up marks from the hinges where the vertical seat back was.

15. Member
    Was thinking I might be able to cover with a bcb logo? I'll have to look in the morning.

16. Member
    It would take a logo that was around 1.5" tall and 13-14" long. Might try to put couple more coats on with paint stick.