Getting Close to a Big Upgrade

I'm real close to swapping my 225 XS for a 250 XB and have a couple of questions on rigging. My XS has the Smartcraft system in it. I know the XB will not talk nice to the Smartcraft but if I pick up a XB harness will the other gauges work? IE: water psi, temp, etc. The boat is a 2007 20 XD. I think that is the only issue I will run into.

My last question is what's the best to make the actual exchange? The XB is in Florida and I'm in Phoenix.
    96' Ranger R77 Sport / Merc 115 ProXS 4S

2. Member
    I think it will be plug and play just at the motor connecter. But someone else will be along to confirm.

That and you'll Need a bigger gas and oil tank. Lol

Youll need a regular wp gauge

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onttr22 View Post
    I think it will be plug and play just at the motor connecter. But someone else will be along to confirm.

That and you'll Need a bigger gas and oil tank. Lol
    LOL I know but you have to pay to play. I wouldn't think it would be any worse then my JSRE 280.

Youll think your 280 had yugo like efficiency compared to the double 4 barrel musclecar type efficiency of the xb. Its very impressive on how much fuel they can actually burn. Its not even in the same class
    dual saddle tanks wont even help

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    I had a XB for a short period of time and it was brutal. Ran good though.

7. Member
    You will love the XB.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Youll think your 280 had yugo like efficiency compared to the double 4 barrel musclecar type efficiency of the xb. Its very impressive on how much fuel they can actually burn. Its not even in the same class
    dual saddle tanks wont even help
    Seriously it will burn alot more then my 280?

Yes tons more. A 280 really isnt bad. If you thought it was bad youre really going to lol at how much that xb burns. The 300pro max is the only one that beats it- they usually have an exxon valdez floating nearby. Ive had both and put a lot of fuel thru each. The XB is a beast though- pulls like a locomotive. Sure wish the old efi was still around i hate optis

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ReelRT View Post
    Seriously it will burn alot more then my 280?
    YES SIR! I had an XB 250 and no matter how easy you ran it, it SUCKED the fuel down. Good motor though.

11. Member
    I really appreciate the helpful information. I tbought about another thing my 2007 20XD is a virgin and was born with the Smartcraft and an XS motor so I looked up NADA with each motor and the value was almost 4k different.
    So I decided to make this XS run it's best mostly through proper setup; which I haven't done because I was thinking of a different motor from the beginning. Once I'm done with changing out the exhaust tuner I'll start a new thread asking for setup advice. Thanks

12. Member
    I have a friend with a Gambler 2100 and a 250XB. Awesome sound, power, speed but LOVES PREMIUM Gas.