Wiring question: 2007 Triton 215X

My whole dash panel tripped and went dead on me last outing. I caught a fish, turned on the livewell and bam, all power out. Both graphs and all switches.
    The motor still turned over and started, but everything else was gone.
    I checked all the fuse buttons under the consol, but nothing seemed tripped. I kept trying to turn on the power every 5 minutes or so and still nothing. After about 30 minutes from the initial power loss, tried it and sure enough everything was fine again.

Any ideas?

While poking around under the dash the other day, i noticed this brown wire dangling down out of the wiring harness. it has a metal connection on the end of it, and goes into the wiring harness quick connect located in the back ground of the picture.
    Is this is spare wire? should it be connected to something?
    Any help is appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member

3. Member
    There should be a 20 amp fuse on the red wire coming from the battery. That's where I'd start looking.

Assuming color coding was standard on all models...Brown was usually power to Bilge Pump. The wire in your picture could also be referred to as TAN possibly...which was Aerator Power. It's quite possible that the wiring harness for all boats is the same and will handle multiple bilge pumps and aerators and if you say...only have 1 bilge pump or only have 1 Aerator...then they may have just capped off the unused wires. Accessories are usually orange and they'll be capped off also. You got an Aerator or Bilge Pump not working???????