Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoto View Post
    Good timing. The Hells Canyon looks really nice. Probably shoots just as nice as well. I was checking out Gunbroker on a whim yesterday, saw that Northern Firearms had a bunch of Browning X-bolts in various calibers for about $500 new in box. Granted they are not the Hells Canyon, but for that price ended up grabbing a X-bolt in 6.5 Creed with a Kryptek stock. So, I'll report back results when I hit the range. Hoping to put down a coues whitetail in Southern AZ this fall.

As far as Tikka rifles.....I love my T3 in 30.06. It's going with me on my elk hunt in October.
    The only cheap creadmore they had left was in snow camo. That saved me some money. Lol
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoto View Post
    Good timing. The Hells Canyon looks really nice. Probably shoots just as nice as well. I was checking out Gunbroker on a whim yesterday, saw that Northern Firearms had a bunch of Browning X-bolts in various calibers for about $500 new in box. Granted they are not the Hells Canyon, but for that price ended up grabbing a X-bolt in 6.5 Creed with a Kryptek stock. So, I'll report back results when I hit the range. Hoping to put down a coues whitetail in Southern AZ this fall.

As far as Tikka rifles.....I love my T3 in 30.06. It's going with me on my elk hunt in October.
    How did it shoot?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    25-06 tends to be a real.picky round.
    My savage 25-06 shot most ammo well but my ttsx hand loads were awesome in it. Love that cartridge but 6.5creedmoor will be next.

My drive for the 6.5 kinda left as I've been working on getting some s&w revolvers. My National Rifleman mag came yesterday and the cover story was on the 6.5. Back in drive for one. especially after doing some long range with my 7mmRemMag last night. That dude will pound.

Got a Browning xbolt western hunter on the way in 6.5 cm. Same rifle as the hells canyon but with a blue barrel. Now gotta decide on a scope.

6. Member
    My xbolt 26 nosler has a Burris MTAC 4-14 30mm tube. My 6.5 has a VX3i 4-14 30mm tube. I prefer the Burris.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12