Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
  1. Member
    Contacted MM on Monday through email customer service. Had a response the next day. They are making a shim kit and sending me a new stolz roller for $27. Even though I had a problem, they were very quick with their response and a pleasure to work with.
    2017 Phoenix 819, Mercury 200 Pro XS, 80 Ultrex w/ iPilot Link, Helix 10SI console, Helix 10 DI bow

2. Member
    Replaced mine on my 2015, will be replacing the one on my new 2018. Stolz is the way to go!!!
    2021 Phoenix 21Phx DC 250 Pro Xs 12" Atlas (4) Garmin 1006sv 112 Ultrex, C-channle, SeaDeck
    2018 Phoenix 721 ProXp 250 250 Yamaha SHO
    2015 Phoenix 920 ProXP 250 Merc
    2011 Phoenix 721 ProXP 250 Merc

I recieved my shim kit and installed them. I had to go thru Tim to make it happen. I figured I bought the boat AND TRAILER from Phoenix why deal with MM. MM was not feeling my pain when I spoke with them. Of course the hardware was all wrong but I didn't expect anything different.

I still havent heard back from Marine Master since they called me last and said they were still working with the roller vendor to decide how to proceed. I replaced my roller with the stoltz and it's much better and easier to load. I have no trouble with it now. I saw a used Phoenix at the dealer the other day and it has scratches up under the nose from the roller so I guess it is what it is. I caught mine before it got too bad.

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Marine Master is defiantly buying from Stoltz now but they are using the large end caps. I know a lot of people who have switched and are very happy with the results.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I went to Tim and had action in 48 hours, and a new kit in 3 weeks. MM won't admit there is a problem, I guess it opens them up to a bunch of this...

7. Member
    Mine did it to. 2015, 920.

8. Member
    I just made the change to Stoltz Friday. Made a super big difference. Everyone for sure needs to do this.
    2016 Phoenix 618 Pro / Mercury 175 Pro XS

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
    I just made the change to Stoltz Friday. Made a super big difference. Everyone for sure needs to do this.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Banned
    Phoenix told me today that the Stoltz roller is now standard and they are not using the other brand now.

11. Member
    Does anyone have pictures of this damage?

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    That is correct, they are using Stoltz with the large end caps,
    info@drewcraft.com

13. Member
    I used the small end caps and they are fine but almost touch. Will the bigger end caps give more clearance or some other benefit.

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aj306 View Post
    I used the small end caps and they are fine but almost touch. Will the bigger end caps give more clearance or some other benefit.
    No, the larger caps will rub, they will still be better than the yellow ones but personally I prefer the small end caps.
    info@drewcraft.com

15. Member
    same issue...whats the best to replace with?

16. Member
    Just came across this old thread while searching for solutions. Not a Phoenix, but is a 2022 Marine Master trailer, pulled home and in the water once. Apparently they haven’t rectified this issue. I have deformation on the roller and end cap, and boat is off center. With winch strap off /and or loosened, I cannot budge the bow up off the roller one bit. I will be trying to calculate the tongue weight later, using the fulcrum method (to satisfy my analytical side). Side note, couldn’t back up either without lockout tool, and found there is a short in the center pin blue backup wire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    Where was the short? Truck or trailer?
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wes4bass View Post
    Just came across this old thread while searching for solutions. Not a Phoenix, but is a 2022 Marine Master trailer, pulled home and in the water once. Apparently they haven’t rectified this issue. I have deformation on the roller and end cap, and boat is off center. With winch strap off /and or loosened, I cannot budge the bow up off the roller one bit. I will be trying to calculate the tongue weight later, using the fulcrum method (to satisfy my analytical side). Side note, couldn’t back up either without lockout tool, and found there is a short in the center pin blue backup wire.

they started using Stoltz rollers on trailer with Phoenix Boats only

if its just under 4" center roller try one of these https://drewcraft.com/product/stoltz...d-for-phoenix/
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Edwards View Post
    Where was the short? Truck or trailer?
    Trailer and still there, haven’t found where yet. Wire looks fine as far as I can see up towards solenoid, as well as around swing away area.

20. Member
    I will look into that, thanks! I will wait a bit to see what MM will do, and address the center of gravity issue and need for shimming.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast