Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
  1. Member
    They have not fixed it at the factory, picked mine up yesterday and has the same old rollers on it and are already smashed flat, guess i'll be getting the stoltz!

2. Member
    While MM tests a new roller, are the boats continuing to be shipped from the factory with the defective roller (that is scratching the gelcoat at the bow)? Seems odd that the boats would be shipped with a known defect that is damaging the finish.

200merc. So you received your last with a smashed roller? Damn
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnute View Post
    200merc. So you received your last with a smashed roller? Damn
    Yes picked it up yesterday , it was built 2 weeks ago, they have not changed a thing!

5. Member
    I was going to send the roller I took off to the plant and let them look at but its like new again. It was flat when I took it off a couple of weeks ago. One good thing about the flat one is that if you were able to climb the roller to the hook without it turning the boat would not slide back down. With the Stoltz it slides back down but easily winches right back up.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    They will test things before making a complete change therefore it will continue to be the original equipment until they make the change.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    Finally got my new roller installed yesterday, man what a difference it made! Thanks again Drew!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    They will test things before making a complete change therefore it will continue to be the original equipment until they make the change.

That's not very smart on their part. The best testers are the consumers who have already done that for them. Not fixing the issue just based on the free information they have on this thread is bad business.

9. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    It is my understanding they are making the switch over to stoltz. The trailer above was one that was probably built and in process before they started seeing the issues and decided to make the change. From what I was told you can call Marine Master and they will provide you with a new roller if you have the issue. Not certain if there is an associated cost or not.

10. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I believe trailers finished during and after the first week of August will have a Stoltz, dont know if it will be then same setup as many of us have switched to but pretty sure it will be a Stoltz.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

11. Member
    Got my boat in January. Replaced mine with a Stoltz this weekend. Had had zero issues, but sure enough the original had started to flatten out. Got a buddy with a new bird. I'm on him to get his changed.

I replaced mine and the original one was junk!

13. Member
    Went on a tour of the factory today and was told that all boats shipped after this week will have the stoltz roller installed
    2018 PHOENIX 721 PRO XP
    2018 MERCURY 250 PRO XS

14. Member
    They already were doing the switch as fast as they could. Honestly if you picked up a new boat recently your dealer should have been able to call the factory and find out about the issue and gotten you the new one. I was offered one to be shipped to me when I picked up my 18 PHX. Hey if all we have to complain about is the bow roller and they fix it this quick then we all have a hell of a boat. I could make a 2 page list on my last few boat purchases of things that were junk. This isn't a normal company they actually care how we feel and know about this thread and will make it right

Thanks Drew for helping everyone that needs to purchase a new roller. I bought one from Drew and it came with everything needed for the replacement. And the old one had a flat spot and the hull was scratched.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    They already were doing the switch as fast as they could. Honestly if you picked up a new boat recently your dealer should have been able to call the factory and find out about the issue and gotten you the new one. I was offered one to be shipped to me when I picked up my 18 PHX. Hey if all we have to complain about is the bow roller and they fix it this quick then we all have a hell of a boat. I could make a 2 page list on my last few boat purchases of things that were junk. This isn't a normal company they actually care how we feel and know about this thread and will make it right
    Just called my dealer and he had no idea what I was talking about, didn't offer to find out anything either! So I called Phoenix myself. Just picked up my boat sat! we'll see what happens next!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200merc View Post
    Just called my dealer and he had no idea what I was talking about, didn't offer to find out anything either! So I called Phoenix myself. Just picked up my boat sat! we'll see what happens next!
    My guys had zero clue about it either. This many people citing the same problem isn't an imaginary condition. Phoenix probably out to issue a memo to their dealers to make them aware of it.

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I reliable source says they will defiantly have Stoltz starting immediately.
    They have chosen to use the larger RP-434 end caps
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    If the Stoltz large ends are the same size as the original end caps, then wouldn't that defeat the part of the purpose??? By the way, i do not know the size of the Stoltz large end caps.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

20. Member
    unless the stolz large are somehow longer then the originals I would think the same problem would exist. my Stolz small barely turn when boat is loaded. any larger and they would flatten out over time with pressure
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast