Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Daing, as a long time triton owner I can definitely feel your pain with these loading issues on a marine master trailer as that's what triton had under their boats for years. Pain in the azz!!! My boats always wanted to come in left of the roller and then when I'd hit it center and get the bow eye up to the roller it would slide back down as soon as I let off the hotfoot. And try leaving more bunk out so the boat wouldn't slide back...forget it, it wasn't gonna powerload itself all the way on that way. Launching..? Had to pretty much back it down fast and hope it came away from the trailer before the bow had a chance to drop, if not, trolling motor would bounce right off the roller. And I certainly hope they junked the tube trailer idea. If not, give em about 5-6 years and they'll be half rotted out from the inside (keep an eye on the cross bars in the latter years). This has been like reading the horror stories from the triton board a few years back. I was told MM would say the same thing then...that it was driver error, so the problems were pitched back to the dealer (which mine always stepped up). Thankfully ranger (fish holdings) built the trailer that's under my current triton. I'd have a hard time buying another boat that had a MM trailer under it. I surely hope they work it all out for y'all caus i certainly know how it feels to love your boat but have a serious hate for the trailer it's sitting on.

Don't get me wrong though, I have no issues loading or unloading.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

3. Member
    The carpet on one of my bunks is already ripped and torn. The boat is 3 years old. I wonder if that is related to this issue. I also had to replace my bow roller with a Stoltz. The original was completely worn and warped.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL View Post
    The carpet on one of my bunks is already ripped and torn. The boat is 3 years old. I wonder if that is related to this issue. I also had to replace my bow roller with a Stoltz. The original was completely worn and warped.
    Was it on the back where the back of the boat sits? Before I switched out to gatorbacks mine sat real hard in that spot. Once I switched you could see how the weight of the boat was all on small spots so I made some shims to get it all spread out

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Was it on the back where the back of the boat sits? Before I switched out to gatorbacks mine sat real hard in that spot. Once I switched you could see how the weight of the boat was all on small spots so I made some shims to get it all spread out
    Yes, exactly.

6. Member
    Putting the new roller on my phx before any wear occurs. I got it from Andy thanks again! Loading the phx on the trailer is super easy

7. Member
    checked my '17 819 Pro this weekend and definitely have some rub marks....not necessarily scratches yet, but scuffs/rubs. Boat has probably only been on and off the trailer 8-10 times since it sits on a lift mostly. Guess I'll replace the roller, although not happily. Think MM should foot the bill.

8. Member
    They probably should but Andy made it so easy to get the new one for 30 bucks I just got it over with

9. Member
    ^ Agree

Where do you get the stoltz?

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Give Drew a PM.....on the previous page....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Ordered. Thanks guys.

13. Member
    what end caps do I need to order rp 434 or rp 435?

14. Member
    I have a 2018 721 and after only 3 trips to the river, the center roller is compressed to the point that the steel bracket is almost hitting the boat and one of the large side rollers is severely compressed and bent. Also noticed one good scratch. I am definitely disappointed in this and will be calling my dealer and Phoenix tomorrow.

in the meantime, I'll be replacing the rollers. Can someone provide me the correct part numbers for the Stoltz rollers and bolt/washers/nut.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Ndpatriot; 08-13-2017 at 11:03 AM.

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    RP-435 and RP-444 with a 6 1/2" to 7" bolt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    I also have had this issue, mine was deformed and wouldn't roll any longer. I have replaced mine like many others have done.

Does anyone know if they fixed this at the factory? I have had my boat in order for 2 weeks so should see it in 6-8. Hope they fixed the issue. If not I guess I need to talk to my dealer and have them do it (change out) at factory if possible. I will pay extra so I don't have to deal with it damaging new boat
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnute View Post
    Does anyone know if they fixed this at the factory? I have had my boat in order for 2 weeks so should see it in 6-8. Hope they fixed the issue. If not I guess I need to talk to my dealer and have them do it (change out) at factory if possible. I will pay extra so I don't have to deal with it damaging new boat
    I'm not sure. I haven't had any contact with anyone in a couple of weeks. Last I knew, marine master had ordered a roller like we all have replaced ours with and was going to do some testing. They were discussing the issue with Phoenix and the roller company that they have been using and said they would contact me when a resolution was found.

Another quick update. Marine Master called me yesterday just to touch base and let me know they are still working on the issue. They did tell me that they have a new customer service rep and he is aware of the issue that some of us are experiencing.

Good to hear they are still trying.
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast