What is the Livewell Control under the steering wheel?

The owner's manual for Tritons are horrible. I used to have a Pro Team 185 Tracker and they have great manuals. My Triton TX17 is so generic it doesn't go into detail about most items. I'm trying to start using Livewells as I 'ramp up my game' in Bass Fishing. Never really paid much mind to it in past (in S. Florida) as I used plastics all the time. Now in NC I'd like to use live bait for other species with my son.

What is the 'dial' on the wall next to the throttle that has a 'rocker' switch with 3 positions-Recirc/Empty/Manual? If I don't touch this and leave the lever straight up pointing to EMPTY does that mean it will Empty the Livewell while still on the water? I know my livewell drains everytime I pull her out of the water. So I'm confused...On my helm I have the Livewell rocker switch Auto/middle(off)/Manual. So what if I had the rocker switch next to the throttle on Manual but the electronic switch on the dash set to Auto?

Very confused....anyone have any help for me to understand this???

2. Banned
    When you get on the water plug the drain hole in your live well. Set both rockers to Manual. This should fill your live well. Once fill set the one rocker to Recirc and the other rocker to Auto. This should recirc the water on your live well at intervals. Run for a little, stop for a little. When you are ready to empty set the one rocker to Empty and the other to Manual. That should pump out your live well. Pull the drain plug as well.

One rocker controls the function of the pumps, the other controls the operation of the pumps.

3. Member
    Thanks so much Dave!!!