anyone tried the new Taylormade TP5 balls yet?

2. Member
    Played one last night, well the 5X. I liked it. I think.. I had the worst round of golf I've played in 5-6 years so it was kinda hard to tell. Definitely not the ball's fault though. Felt good off the putter and I had plenty of opportunities there. Felt really good off the driver...which I had several "provisionals" that I got to hit as well. Stupid game.

I bought a dozen to try. Will keep trying them and report back.

3. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    I have tested them against Ttitleist Prov 1x, and my current game ball, the Callaway Chrome Soft, on the launch monitor and on the course. I saw very little differences myself. I had buddies that went out to Taylormade for the launch and they saw pretty big gains vs the other balls.

4. Member
    Update:
    Went out and played a quick 9 tonight. Started off playing with the 5X. Felt good off the driver, irons, putter. No issues that I can tell. Hit some really good shots. I'm thinking I really like this ball. On 7, I grabbed my current gamer ball, Callaway HEX Black Tour...i know i know. Old ball but I bought 8 dozen a fwe years back for less than $20 a dozen. Anyway, started hitting 2 balls a hole. The 5X started feeling really soft compared to the Callaway. There is a noticable "click" when I hit the Callaway with a driver that isn't there with the 5X. Nothing bad, just different. Iron shots held the green better with the Callaway. ON a par 3, any time I hit the green, my balls aways spins back a few yards. This time it rolled forward a few yards with the 5X. What REALLY shocked me. My last 3 holes I smoked each of my two drives and shockingly, both went on the same line. 3rd to last hole, the Callaway was 21 yards longer. 2nd to last, the Callaway was 18 yards longer. the last hole, Callaway was 5 yards longer. And the last hole after I hit the 5X, I said out loud, that was the hardest ball I've hit in a long time, as it had that special caught it 100% flush feel. I have league later this week and don't know what ball I am going to try. I really want to like this ball but i after tonight, I don't know if its the right ball for me now. I'm thinking more testing is in order.

5. Member
    I have played 36 holes with them now. Not disappointed, and time will tell more, but they seem to give me extra yardage, especially on Tee shots compared to the Pro V1x that I have been using.

6. Member
    After another month playing 3 days a week these balls are now my favorite.