Braidwood Fish Kill ?

Anybody hear anything about a fish kill at Braidwood? Type of fish?
    Please release me,let me go.

I heard something about this on another site but I didn't hear any details. I seem to hear about these just about every summer on Braidwood.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

3. Member
    I saw it on another site as well but it was not confirmed. Fish kills are pretty normal, excessive kills is not.
    Hope someone has some info.

4. Member
    I was out there last Friday. Thousands of shad dead. Only saw about 15 or so bass dead. It was 110 on hot end and 95 on cold end. It's gonna happen with those temps.
    Last edited by cdemarse; 07-13-2017 at 05:30 PM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdemarse View Post
    I was out there last Friday. Thousands of shade dead. Only saw about 15 or so bass dead. It was 110 on hot end and 95 on cold end. It's gonna happen with those temps.
    That's what I was thinking shad die off. 95 it's gonna be hotter after this week of air conditioning.

6. Member
    thats what part of the problem was with Turtle Creek in Indiana super hot water and the weed control. Still has not came back to glory years. Hope it does not effect Braidwoods fish quality

7. Member
    Was out at Braidwood Sunday. Water was 89 at the hot end at 5am and 79 on the cool side. !00 at the hot end and 89 at the cool end when we left. Water didn't look right with lots of gas bubbles coming up. Found schools of shad busting the surface with bass pursuing them. Caught a bunch with shad like baits. No bass from any other spots. Saw about 6 dead bass and no dead shad.

8. Member
    I hope not. There was a few year stretch awhile back that Braidwood was like the dead sea. The bass fishing out there has been great for awhile now.