Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    West Union,Myrtle,Etta, or what ever this place is called MS !
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    Hey guys, was on FB taking boats and there is a guy Sebring Florida that is talking about BCB's dominate in rough water and Ally's can't hang with BCB's in 4'ers. I thought he was joking. Anyone one of you been out run in rough water by any other boat? I haven't been!
    As I have fish bfl I have been in very rough water on the tn river during windy days in other brands. I can definitely assure you that none come close to the Allison and my pick for smooth dry ride 2nd to Allison so far is a Nitro and pheonix. Others have either sprayed me down as a co angler or beat my sacks loose. Skeeter does good also on the zx boats but I've only been in an fx when it was nearly glass on the water. Only ones I haven't rode in actually are the sterling and bass Cat the rest are just the rest and I'm not trying to be mean but there are 4 brands that nearly ride the same to me.

2. Member
    Blindfold 99% of people, and take them out in rough water in different bass boats. Wouldn't be able to tell the difference in one bass boat from the other except for location of the "oh sh*t" handle. All bass boats handle chop well. Anything over 3' waves and they all suck......let's be real. Been saying this for years.....bass boats are Carolina skiffs of the freshwater. No deadrise= crap ride! Can bass boats navigate 3-6' waters.....yup, but not something they were designed for. When seas are 4', 98% of yachts stay tied to the docks.....fact! I'm talking 30' class boats and up.

Quote Originally Posted by murdrd_out View Post
    As I have fish bfl I have been in very rough water on the tn river during windy days in other brands. I can definitely assure you that none come close to the Allison and my pick for smooth dry ride 2nd to Allison so far is a Nitro and pheonix. Others have either sprayed me down as a co angler or beat my sacks loose. Skeeter does good also on the zx boats but I've only been in an fx when it was nearly glass on the water. Only ones I haven't rode in actually are the sterling and bass Cat the rest are just the rest and I'm not trying to be mean but there are 4 brands that nearly ride the same to me.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 32regulator View Post
    Blindfold 99% of people, and take them out in rough water in different bass boats. Wouldn't be able to tell the difference in one bass boat from the other except for location of the "oh sh*t" handle. All bass boats handle chop well. Anything over 3' waves and they all suck......let's be real. Been saying this for years.....bass boats are Carolina skiffs of the freshwater. No deadrise= crap ride! Can bass boats navigate 3-6' waters.....yup, but not something they were designed for. When seas are 4', 98% of yachts stay tied to the docks.....fact! I'm talking 30' class boats and up.
    " Blindfold 99% of people, and take them out in rough water in different bass boats. Wouldn't be able to tell the difference in one bass boat from the other...." Simply not true. The FACT is some bass boats ride better than others ( a lot better) fact. Plain and simple that fact. If you set up them the same and blind fold lol or not folks can tell... If you don't think a 22 or 23 degree vee is with a 19ft keel is no different than a 12 ft keel and a 12 degree-vee? you are drinking. Its actually dramatic (the ride). If you don't think so put both configurations on your favorite boat and ride. Should a bassboat be in 5 ft waves all day in a tournament, hope note. Will you "run" in it don't think so. But there are clear differences in rides in bassboats, especially when you start adding speed. And rough water is by definition (whats rough) not clear standard of height. I have been in some 22 and 24 boats (big bow) that were crap in the ride 2 ft. A bass boat is for bassfishing not offshore but "IF" bassfishing in many variables I would rather run the hulls that handle rough water better or the best. Apparently the post was about BC owner claiming something not accurate.
    Last edited by JDM; 07-21-2017 at 07:37 PM.

I bet we can arrange to blindfold 32regulator for a test run between two different hulls and let him decide --I have owned a couple of bass boats in my time that had a wide flat bottom and no keel and they could cause you to pee blood if you tried running with the XB21

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I bet we can arrange to blindfold 32regulator for a test run between two different hulls and let him decide --I have owned a couple of bass boats in my time that had a wide flat bottom and no keel and they could cause you to pee blood if you tried running with the XB21

Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    Hey guys, was on FB taking boats and there is a guy Sebring Florida that is talking about BCB's dominate in rough water and Ally's can't hang with BCB's in 4'ers. I thought he was joking. Anyone one of you been out run in rough water by any other boat? I haven't been!
    It is on the internet so it has to be true!

Your thread title is a bit misleading. It is a Basscat fan making those claims, not Basscat the company. Many uninformed folks say their stuff is the best. It is human nature these days. I've heard every boat brand described as "best riding boat out there." It is all a bunch of crap. Do Allys ride better? I don't know I've never been in one. Based on their design, I would say that they probably ride very well.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 07-21-2017 at 08:50 AM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    I just recently bought my first Allison bass boat. The boat I owned previously was a Bass Cat Puma FTD. I will share with you what my wife has said about the boat. She has said I don't know why you have waited so long to buy one of these boats. She will allow me to drive 70 mph in the boat because of the security she feels while riding in it. She says it's nice that her cheeks doesn't catch the air even though I did have a dual console. She doesn't mind riding in the boat when there is white caps and she loves the fact that we can talk while driving 50 + MPH. I live in South Carolina near Columbia and if you ever want to go for a ride or drive it just get a hold of me 06 SB.

8. Member
    Listen...not dogging Allison, love Allison boats. Can't put a Verado on back though, that's the Only reason I don't own. Don't read into my words to much either. Never done this study myself....been in just about every boat out there as I grew up on island offshore fishing my whole life, owned several boats, and been in them all. I don't know it all, but do know enough to say that bass boats in rough water suck...period!!! My opinion....... Hope that explains my words to the boat building experts on here. Ok everyone breath out now!!!!

9. Member
    the ride/the hull on the Allison is awesome been in several BassCats like em personally. But the Ally's hull is completely different. There are few past BC owners that can attest to the ride as well. Again BC I like but its not near a Bassport.

West Union,Myrtle,Etta, or what ever this place is called MS !
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    I agree ☝️

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123