ECU Flash fuel burn

Anyone have fuel burn rates at WOT after the flash? Just had mine flashed by H/T (from a 200) so speed increases were considerable. Surprised that my WOT (5900 rpm) fuel rates are 23.7 gph which looks closer to yamahas publised data for a 250 SHO (22-23 gph) vs the 300 (~26 gph). Was expecting fuel rates would be similar to the 300 offshore model. Curious if anyone has seen similar results.

2. Member
    You can't really compare your results to those of the offshore 300 if your motor is on a lighter more efficient hull your fuel consumption will be less.

3. Member
    I agree from a fuel economy perspective as speed will be much more efficient, however fuel burn should be driven by horsepower produced and rpm regardless of speed. For example, a 250 SHO on yamahas performance bulletins burns about 23 gph on a both a 21' bullet going 81 mph and a 24' party barge running 45 mph - both at WOT at 5900 rpms

4. Member
    The load on the motor will play a factor. If you hook an empty low boy to your truck and pull it down the road at 3500 rpms in 5th gear then load it down with 5k worth of crap and do it again, the results will be different. Even at the same rpms. The engine works harder to obtain those rooms on different hulls. It should be a negligible amount from boat to boat in the bass boat world really. We're all pretty close on weight until you get to the go fast boats which are lighter and more efficient hull designs. Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong though