Rod storage options?

First off, an apology, I own an Excel BayPro 203, sure looks very similar to your H20bs. (plural, not bs)

My boat is 20 long much like the H20b and I bet you too have a pair of rod lockers that are generally parallelogram in shape. I can place a 6' rod generally straight but the slope of the hull bends each tip up and toward the center.

Just looking to organize 6-8 rods on each side. Considering making rod holders and using rod socks or trying to mount rod tubes to protect the tips.

any ideas?

i had the same problem with my H20B. I just had to stuff them in there. I didnth ave rod socks but that would have helped. I tried making the tube holders but couldnt get more than 3 in there so i said screw it and would jsut take my time stacking them in

3. Member
    Thanks, I figured you would have dealt with this. Just bought 4 socks and they do allow them to store in there easier than without.

Just funny geometry in the angled back end of the locker.

4. Member
    I use rod socks in my h20b. There's a lip around the entry into the front deck that loves to snag rod tips. Rod socks fixed that for me.

5. Member
    Rod socks work good in my H22Bay, cut down on them getting caught on everything. You can buy them cheap on eBay, if you don't mind waiting a month for them to come on the slow boat from china.

6. Member
    Got an idea for rod storage, I bought a cutting board from Walmart and attached it to the aft end of the rod locker. Will either drill holes for the butt end of the rods or install "grommets" for holding the rods. I'll use rod socks for now and install tubes in the forward end of the locker later. I'll post pics this winter when I get done.