Thread: Prop to pad?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have a hydraulic jackplate on my Stroker that will get it a little over 3 inches above pad. 16 inches of setback and a sportsmaster lower unit.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

I was at 1.75" above pad when I did my 180 at 92 mph with my Bullet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Do you have a sportmaster? If not you will lose waterpressure long before you truly surface you gearcase.
    Not sure what a sportmaster is.

4. Member
    It is a Mercury Lower unit for boats that run in excess of 85 mph. They have Low water pickups located on the bottom of the bullet of the gearcase, none on the sides and none in the front of bullet. Gearcase is meant to be completely surfaced at WOT. It has a pointy leading edge.

5. Member
    I choose not to run stainless because i run alot of canadian shield lakes. Plus my cottage where i fish alot i access the lake through a really rocky shallow river. A sport master would be sweet but theres no way ill need it on this boat.
    keep your lines wet! God bless

I know that boat, you dont need to be running above pad, you will lose water pressure long before going that high anyway with a stock lower. I live in Oshawa and would be happy to give you advice on setting up your boat if you like

7. Member
    Thanks man appreciate the offer. Right now shes running pretty good. Ive just been messing around trying to learn more, how things react when you do one thing vs another. Can never learn enough.
    keep your lines wet! God bless

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12