Smith lake help end of July

Hey guys we're making the trek down to Smith lake the last weekend of July to stay with some friends for the weekend. Is it worth bringing the boat? Ive heard it can be stingy during the day this time of year. Id only be going out for a few hours in the mornings. If it is going to be tough I probably won't bring the boat. If that's the case anyone want to take a guy out and show me around for a few hours? Thanks guys.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

2. Member
    Can be tough, fish will be on deep points and bluffs most likely. Should be some schooling fish starting to show at daylight and again at dark. you can find some in the secondary points but early. Once the party crowd wakes up it is best to go find some shade and cold adult beverages!

Thanks. I'm used to the crazies from around here. I'm normally off the water by 10. I think were staying on the far east side of the lake around Simpson creek maybe? Decent bluffs and such in that area?
    Jason

4. Member
    Deep Clear water, Big spotted bass. They have a slot limit also.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

you couldn't pay me to go there right now.....be about a bazillion drunks there this time of year.
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

6. Member
    Was told stripe are killing it at night. I live 20mins from smith and hardly fish it anymore.

Well damn. I'm not sure if ill pull the boat or not. Probably will just to say I've fished it but won't be expecting much.
    Jason

8. Member
    If you're off the water by 10am you'll be fine. Morning bite has been decent, it took 14lbs to win the Saturday morning Wildcat out of the Dam last weekend. The evening/night bite has been best for me dragging a green pumpkin jig across rocky main lake points.