Prop for Ramger Z520 with Etec

Time for a new prop. I have a 2008 Z520 with Etec 250 HO and M2 Lower unit. I am not happy with the original 24P Raker or 26P Raker I have. Suggestions on best prop for this set up appreciated.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I have a Croxton Razor 4XL on mine, 24 pitch, and really like it. Excellent hole shot, decent top end, never ever blows out, and extremely durable. This is the second Z520 with 250 H.O. that I've had the same prop on. From reports, the only other prop I'd consider is the Fury 4, which might be a little bit faster on top end. But I don't know whether the hole shot is quite as good on the Fury 4, or if it's as durable, and it definitely costs more, plus Mark Croxton is the ultimate in servicing what he sells.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Hun Driver
    jc2bg, I am installing a new M2 case on my 2008 Etec 250 HO and I have the same prop as you. How do you run your PVS holes? I don't know if I will have to change the plugs going from the L2 to the M2. I know I'll have to adjust once I get it on the water but hoping you can give me a good starting point. Thanks.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The 4XL has 8 holes. I run mine with 2 solid plugs in the holes nearest the prop blades. All other holes open.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio