Loose screws inside of Talon question

I've heard of this on several occasions where screws would come lose internally causing a metallic grinding sound. My question is this: Does this happen to all Talons or just the Gen II/ 3 stage Talons? Thanks, Scott
    Scott Inman

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I have not heard of it much. They are a cable driven unit. Get ahold of Minn Kota and turn it in for warranty work. I have owned them on my personal boat as well and have not had that problem but things do break.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

I happens to a small amount out of every thousand units, not something to worry about, probally the same odds of your outboard being a lemon.

I was out on the lake and one of my talons stating making a very bad noise (metal on metal) and would not go down past 6feet. I headed in and called minn kota. They told me the closet dealer to take it to and 3 days later its back on my boat. The man told me the screws on the inside had backed out and that was where the sound was coming from. He replaced it all with new parts and put lock tight on the screws. All free of charge to me. If its under warranty it will be fixed for free.. I have to say now it seems better than new. He told me it happens way more then you think. He actually had 4 others laying in his work bench that came in after mine so he was able to show me what they look like taken apart. The one he showed me was full of shavings.

5. U.S. Navy, Retired
    Same thing happened to me last year. On the 3rd day of a 7 day trip to Ontario. Took it to local repair shop when I got back home and they took care of it quickly. Mine also is much smoother and quieter than before repair. They also replaced the whole outer housing due to a problem with the paint! Great customer service. It was still under warranty so no money spent. Warranty has expired and was told it would be about $300.00 if it happened again... Hopefully, it won't. Still plan on getting two of them on my next boat.