Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Finally got them all working!!! One of the studs on my rear amber lights was coated pretty good in that road armor, so I just cleaned it up and bam everything is working now.
    2017 RT188 / Yamaha sho 115

3. Member
    I'd like to do the same thing. What lights did you end up buying?

4. Member
    Last edited by BryanBrown; 07-15-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    2017 RT188 / Yamaha sho 115

5. Member
    Thanks for the info. .

There's a few options with the tail lights. I bought the 10 LED version STL72RK.

The marker lights I bought from Academy. They had the best prices.

6. Member
    Installed today. Everything fit nicely and works properly.

For anyone interested in changing over to LED:

Any of the oval style Optronics LED STL series brake lights I believe (look on website to make sure) are a direct swap with the original ones on the trailer. All you need are the lights themselves. The grommets and pigtails aren't necessary. Unplug the lights from the underside of the trailer. Push from where the wires plug in and with a little help with a screwdriver, pry the light out from the grommet. Once you get it started it should slide right out. Leave the grommet in place, plug in new light and slide back in. The only thing that keeps the brake lights in place is compression from the grommet itself.

The 5 red markers that are linked above are a direct swap also. The lights pop off with the help of a small flat bladed screwdriver. Be careful not to break the plastic clips that hold the markers in place. Unplug old marker, plug in new one and snap back into place. The brake and red marker lights should take about 15 - 20 minutes tops to install. Yes - it's that easy!!

The yellow marker lights are a little more difficult in that you actually have to lie on the ground. Unplug the bullet connector and loosen the 10mm nut off. With a little wiggling the marker will slide out. Cut the wire at the base of the old marker because you're going to reuse the female side of the bullet connector. Strip off a little insulation from the wire of the female connector and the wire of the new LED marker light. Use a butt connector to splice the 2 ends together.

This is the one I used: Butt Connector

Reinstall the new LED yellow marker. Do this procedure 4 times and your done. As an aside - the first yellow marker on the driver's side has a ring terminal for the ground. Make sure you reattach it. The other 3 lights use the trailer as the ground.

Total installation time to replace an RT188 trailer with LED lights is under an hour.
    Last edited by Jaydbee; 07-24-2017 at 01:21 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydbee View Post
    Installed today. Everything fit nicely and works properly.

For anyone interested in changing over to LED:

Any of the oval style Optronics LED STL series brake lights I believe (look on website to make sure) are a direct swap with the original ones on the trailer. All you need are the lights themselves. The grommets and pigtails aren't necessary. Unplug the lights from the underside of the trailer. Push from where the wires plug in and with a little help with a screwdriver, pry the light out from the grommet. Once you get it started it should slide right out. Leave the grommet in place, plug in new light and slide back in. The only thing that keeps the brake lights in place is compression from the grommet itself.

The 5 red markers that are linked above are a direct swap also. The lights pop off with the help of a small flat bladed screwdriver. Be careful not to break the plastic clips that hold the markers in place. Unplug old marker, plug in new one and snap back into place. The brake and red marker lights should take about 15 - 20 minutes tops to install. Yes - it's that easy!!

The yellow marker lights are a little more difficult in that you actually have to lie on the ground. Unplug the bullet connector and loosen the 10mm nut off. With a little wiggling the marker will slide out. Cut the wire at the base of the old marker because you're going to reuse the female side of the bullet connector. Strip off a little insulation from the wire of the female connector and the wire of the new LED marker light. Use a butt connector to splice the 2 ends together.

This is the one I used: Butt Connector

Reinstall the new LED yellow marker. Do this procedure 4 times and your done. As an aside - the first yellow marker on the driver's side has a ring terminal for the ground. Make sure you reattach it. The other 3 lights use the trailer as the ground.

Total installation time to replace an RT188 trailer with LED lights is under an hour.
    Great info, thanks for sharing! Its on my list next.
    2017 Ranger RT188 - Charcoal Metallic
    Passenger Console
    3 across seating/ 2 across seating at bow

Mercury 115 Pro XS 4s
    Spitfire X7 19p 4 blade prop
    Atlas Micro 4 inch Jackplate
    Mercmonitor Smartcraft
    Sportsman II Powerpole
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    TH Marine Eliminator Nut
    Recirc livewell
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI G2N GPS console for navigation
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI GPS G3N bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega console
    Mega 360
    Boatbuckle G2 trailer retractable tiedowns

The Ranger Trail trailers have plug n go lights?

9. Member
    The 2017 RT188 trailers do. At least mine did....

Thanks for the info. It will be on my to-do list
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MSI/Humminbird Helix 9 MDI+/Humminbird Mega 360

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12