Toho or Kissimmee

Has anyone been one either lake lately? How are y'all doing on either lake? Also can anyone or would anyone be willing to share any intel? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    I was on Kissimmee over July 4 weekend, I did OK, but not outstanding. I fished a one-man tournament on Saturday, and I only had 3, but they were close to 8#, I should have had a limit, and its completely my fault that I didn't, just missed my opportunities. Over the next couple days, I went out with some family and friends and caught a limit each day, but again, nothing spectacular. If you are going, and aren't a brush pile fisherman (i'm not) plan on going early. Every day I was there, I got all my bites by about 11:30, and nothing after that. Just find pads and grass mixed and you should catch a few. Cant speak on Toho, haven't been on it in a few years...

3. Member
    Fished Toho yesterday. My advice, go early and leave early. Fished from 5:45am to 10am. At 9:45 the fish just shut down on us and we decided to leave. Caught 18 total bass, had a 10.8 and 9.13 with most of the others in the 1.75 to 2.0 lb range. Bigger fish caught on swim jig and 12" black/blueglitter worm. Most fish caught on the edges of thick mats with open breaks. Fished mostly the northern part of the lake. Can't make any recommendations where. Water depth is up, PH has changed and fish are sluggish; at least for me.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    Fished Toho yesterday. My advice, go early and leave early. Fished from 5:45am to 10am. At 9:45 the fish just shut down on us and we decided to leave. Caught 18 total bass, had a 10.8 and 9.13 with most of the others in the 1.75 to 2.0 lb range. Bigger fish caught on swim jig and 12" black/blueglitter worm. Most fish caught on the edges of thick mats with open breaks. Fished mostly the northern part of the lake. Can't make any recommendations where. Water depth is up, PH has changed and fish are sluggish; at least for me.
    Nice!

5. Member
    Thanks for the info