Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raymarine AXIOM software updates "wish list".

Alright folks, just like title says, post up your requests and wants. I'll post my suggestions this evening.

2. Member
    I want what was advertised when I purchased the unit, screen sharing/control. A plus would be recording and scroll back.

3. Member
    I apologize for not getting what you want. That said, I don't recall ever seeing screen sharing / control on the final list of Axiom features. There was a lot of talk about it an I'm pretty sure I even called it out a few times, but final product changed in order to get it launched and that feature didn't make the cut.

I assure you it's coming in a software update.

Again, I apologize for the miscommunication.

Quote Originally Posted by smallykiller View Post
    I want what was advertised when I purchased the unit, screen sharing/control. A plus would be recording and scroll back.

4. Member
    A few that I already get asked about regularly
    * Scroll back - be patient
    * Sonar Chart Live - coming - we had it inLH2 with a and eS - didn't make the round 1 cut on Axiom and is probably the feature I miss most
    * Forward view
    * More color pallets

Just a few to help get the ball rolling

5. Member
    Alright, here we go. In no particular order:

1. In a dedicated Sidevision screen I'd like to see the waypoint I've placed there previously-so I don't keep marking the same rock pile 20 times. Just a simple icon indicating that it's already waypointed.

2. Casting ring that's sizable around waypoints. Yes, yes (drop a marker buoy) but this way is quicker to determine relative direction and distance towards target.

3. Contour mode in Sidevision. This is a Bird feature, but useful because it allows more structure to be viewed on smaller panels. I've got the Axiom 9 and the more I can see of the actual bottom and eliminate the water column, the better.

4. Will the OG AXIOM get "most" of the newly sounded AXIOM PRO's software?

6. Member
    Nomad said all of my wants.
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

Quote Originally Posted by Jig34 View Post
    A few that I already get asked about regularly
    * Scroll back - be patient
    * Sonar Chart Live - coming - we had it inLH2 with a and eS - didn't make the round 1 cut on Axiom and is probably the feature I miss most
    * Forward view
    * More color pallets

Just a few to help get the ball rolling

Those are mine. Maybe some depth coloring in the mapping. Very similar to what Hummingbird has.

Color pallets is my biggest one honestly.

Nomad-I see waypoints on my side when I go by them.

8. Member
    Nomad-I see waypoints on my side when I go by them.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I'll have to double check that next time I get out.

9. Member
    If there's a way to see waypoints on side and down imaging, I'd sure like to know how to do it. If I put a waypoint on my side imaging screen, It'll stay there temporarily, but doesn't show up the next time I go by it.
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 07-22-2017 at 09:16 AM.

10. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    It doesn't stay on the sonar screen, it will be placed on the map. So you can navigate back to the spot and then you'll see it on the sonar again when you go over it. If it kept the waypoint on it, it could cover up the structure or fish.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    It doesn't stay on the sonar screen, it will be placed on the map. So you can navigate back to the spot and then you'll see it on the sonar again when you go over it. If it kept the waypoint on it, it could cover up the structure or fish.

OK, then how about a "toggle" where you can turn them on or off on the side imaging?

12. Member
    It looks like update 3.1.96 for all axioms will be available soon. Supposed to include much of what we are asking for. Let's hope so.

13. Member
    3.1.96 Beta is out and going well. Sit tight - won't be long now!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGRiKn_HeYI

RealVision 3D / GPS Tracking - can be paused and viewed from different angles
    SCROLLBACK!!! - 10 minute scrollback history - waypoints can be dropped in the scroll back
    WiFi - RayView and RayControl
    SideVision - color and clarity improvement

I'll have a full listing of 3.1.96 features and upgrades once it's officially released

14. Member
    The new update just went live on the Raymarine site.

http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=15032387737

15. Member
    Didn't see auto routing navigation in the list. I'll have to check it out.

16. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Now for the LH3 update for the a and es!!!

17. Member
    Haven't posted in awhile. Can't wait to play with update tomorrow morning. Hope sidescan looks even better. Also note I really like nomads 1 and 2 suggestions. Make it so Jig. Hope auto chart live becomes available soon. I already noticed u have to connect iPhone before iPad if u want remote to work on phone. Be nice if it didn't matter what was connected first. This may be a problem when my buddy connects his phone too. Not to get anything going with other brand fanboys but for me with this update my choice of axiom over hds carbon with 3D was definitely the right one. Has everything I liked about the lowrance now at a better price and better build quality. I'd prob be going for a pro model to put next to my 9 but just found out my first baby is on way. No more Toys for daddy anytime soon. Luckily it seems raymarine will keep improving my 9 with these updates so I won't really need any new hardware for awhile anyway.
    Last edited by kcookeky; 07-28-2017 at 09:03 AM.

18. Member
    Congrats on the kid on the way!!!

Yes the update will help with SideVision. Original color pallet was too dark. Update fixes that and I've seen some really nice shots.

Sonar Charts Live was on LH2 and we lost it (the biggest feature I miss) with Axiom / LH3 release. It's high on the priority list and coming back soon. Just need more hours and more people to write updates.

1. In a dedicated Sidevision screen I'd like to see the waypoint I've placed there previously-so I don't keep marking the same rock pile 20 times. Just a simple icon indicating that it's already waypointed.
    Great idea - lots in the works regarding waypoints and how you see them - stay tuned...

2. Casting ring that's sizable around waypoints. Yes, yes (drop a marker buoy) but this way is quicker to determine relative direction and distance towards target.
    I really like this idea - much like range rings on radar

19. Member
    Here's another idea I've been kicking around. How about the ability to "paint"an object or area that is sizable and not add multiple waypoints to establish the boundaries. Let's just say you're using Sidevision and run across the foundation of a submerged house foundation, waypoint it and then use finger to paint it in the shape. Then when you're in maps, it'll show up as the physical shape it is. You can then manuver vessel around the boundaries of object or area and be precise in casting.

Okay, sorry fellas. I'm on mobile and can't upload pics I've Photoshopped to the board for some reason. I'll send to Jig34 and he can post.

20. Member
    Great idea!!!

Guys, keep the wish list coming. I'm compiling a list from BBC and will send to our product manager.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast