Yamaha 250 SHO T1 prop issue

Has anyone on here had an issue with the T1 prop? Mine had a section of a blade sling out this past weekend and i was just wondering how Yamaha handled the issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

2. Banned
    If the propeller is under warranty, and there is no evidence of a propeller strike, I suspect that Yamaha will have your dealer install a replacement propeller.

3. Member
    Been waiting on my replacment since october. Hope you have a spare to use in the mean time. Mine cracked inside the hub

4. Member
    Fortunately I have a 25 tempest from my old boat and ordered a hub kit for it. Yamaha said mine was due to impact damage but I disagree I sent them additional pictures but probably won't have any luck getting them to cover it. If they don't I will file insurance claim. I think the Yamaha props are close to $900. My dealer did say that if Yamaha did cover it the replacement prop would likely be a mercury prop due to back order. Hope you get yours soon October is a while back
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

5. Banned
    From looking at the pic, I dont see how anyone can confirm for sure this damage was done due to impact. Good luck!

6. Member
    I just find it weird there are no bends,impressions or any other sign of damage. Entire foot and skeg still looks brand new and other 2 blades on prop not so much as a scratch. Just the clean break where the piece is missing.
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

7. Member
    I just had this exact same thing happen this weekend. haven't got any feed back from the dealer on it yet. Odd how similar the breaks are.

2016 Skeeter ZX 200
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Very odd indeed.

9. Member
    I lost one blade back in May on my SHO T1 prop. Took my prop back to dealer and he returned the prop to Yamaha. Yamaha covered the prop under warranty and reimbursed me for the replacement prop I purchased from the dealer.
    2015 Ranger Z520C Yamaha 250

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by allenmt44 View Post
    I just had this exact same thing happen this weekend. haven't got any feed back from the dealer on it yet. Odd how similar the breaks are.

2016 Skeeter ZX 200
    Not that I'm happy this happend to you but in now deffinantly getting back with dealer Yamaha is saying impact damage
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

11. Member
    I talked to my dealer the other day. The way he worded it to me was, if any of your blades have any sing of damage or stress to them Yamaha is not willing to carry out a warranty claim. What a pain in the a$$. Just buying this boat not even a year ago, that was my only prop. Luckily I have a good friend that loaned me a tempest plus to run till my nightmare is over. I talked to 3 different nationally know dealers and Mark Croxton, they all said good luck on getting a prop Yamaha knows this is a problem and they have stopped production of the t1 and now have the t2. Which from all reports could be 5 months to get a 23p t2. Hope not. I love my skeeter, and love Yamaha.