What is wrong with my Talon?

I have had my 12 foot talon for about 2 years. I have done maintenance about 2 times a fishing season where i would physically clean the three sections that deploy then spray them with a light silicon lubricant (recommended by elite pros). I would also deploy it in deep water a few times every outing. Now when I press the deployment button it just beeps at me one time for each time I press it. Spike doesn't move cable jerks slightly but that is all. I did have an incident on Kentucky Lake last year where my talon ended up completely submerged I assume this could have done something to it but it has worked fine for me up until my last two tournaments. What happened was the top bolt on my jackplate sheared off and the talon rotated down dangling from the bottom bolt. I was able to get it back up and out of the water after about 30 minutes of fighting 4 footers. If anyone has a clue on what is wrong with it I would greatly appreciate some input. Thanks in advance.
    Purdue Bass Fishing Team
    99 Nitro 912 DC
    99 Merc 225 EFI

I have no idea what your exact issue is but it does sound mechanical. Talon warranty is 2 year electrical, 5 year mechanical and lifetime on the spike. If it is less than 5 years old I would be you can get it fixed for free at an authorized Minn Kota repair center.

3. Member
    Thank you I will look into it. I appreciate the info
    Purdue Bass Fishing Team
    99 Nitro 912 DC
    99 Merc 225 EFI

Man that’s crazy.. Last week I was out on the lake and one of my talons stating making a very bad noise (metal on metal) and would not go down past 6feet. I headed in and called minn kota. They told me the closet dealer to take it to and 3 days later its back on my boat. The man told me the screws on the inside had backed out and that was where the sound was coming from. He replaced it all with new parts and put lock tight on the screws. All free of charge to me. If its under warranty it will be fixed for free.. I have to say now it seems better than new.

5. Member
    Same symptoms happened to me Tylersmith. And the fix was the same as offshore2005 under warranty, thankfully

6. Member
    Check your power source and make sure you have good connections. It only take a tad connection to make it react, but good connection to make it continue.

7. Member
    I have a 10ft Talon that had the same issues as yours Tyler. I took it in under warranty and they had it back to me the next day. They had to replace a faulty circuit and replaced the cable tensioner with an upgraded/stronger one.