Question trailer idenification number

does any one know if the VIN numbers are stamped on a 1996 custom line trailer the sticker has faded. The guy I bought it from didn't have to register in his state if there isn't what do I do about getting it registered

I believe it varies from different states. I had an older shop made trailer and the state issued me a number to stamp on it.
    If you don't find it-- try calling custom line --Surely it is stamped somewhere. Often times it will be stamped in an inconspicuous place in case it is stolen.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Not really anything about Custom Line on the net. I did run across the info below, but no web site. So doubt they are still building boat trailers. Google Earth the address and you'll see some old boat trailers scattered around the property. So if the phone # is still good, they should have records as to the VIN. There is probably a spot it is stamped on the chassis as stated above or there will be a serial number stamped on the frame for them to cross reference.

Custom Line Boat Trailers
    509 W Brushy Valley Rd
    Powell, TN 37849
    865-938-4371

Good Luck!!

4. Member
    This happened to me 2 years ago when I bought a new trailer. Kentucky doesn't license trailers so there was never a title issued when I bought the boat. I sold it to a guy in Ohio and he needed a title to license it. I had to apply for a new number plate and apply for a title. Funny, the clerk's office told me the title would take 6 weeks. The they told me for $20 they could "Quick Title" the trailer and I'd get a title within 3 days LOL! I did the quick route.

5. Member
    That is the correct address.