Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

XB21 90mph Shootout (testing the waters)

In light of the recent post on hole shot I'm wondering if anyone is interested in doing a shootout? If we did, how many of us can run 90mph?

I think any faster and we will exclude a lot of people and it pushes safety issues. I'm open to 85 as well (can the guys with 225's hit 90 with fishing loads?) From what I have observed on this site, 90 should be a solid number for the 250 and 300 crowd.

This would be a fishing boat configuration competition. Run what you brung on any body of water in the USA. Speeds will be determined using the app Speedometer (aprox. $5). The data collected by the app will be sent to me for posting. I will post all the runs so all can see as they are made.

The fastest boat to 90mph wins a Allison cut waterjet sign with "2017 90mph Shootout Champ" cut into it. I will include your name and boat info as well.

The rules: (I'm open to suggestions)

1. Be honest and fair. This is all done remotely at our home bodies of water. We are all running the same boats and I have found everyone on here to be extremely friendly and helpful. No reason to cheat. Not to mention I will have all the GPS data so it will be pretty clear if you run on the highway.......
    2. Boat. Any XB21 with any motor.
    3. Seats. At least 2 seats (Driver and Passenger). Run with more if you want, but two is all the Bassport Pro has so the 2+2 guys can run that configuration as well.
    4. Trolling motor must be mounted on the bow. All batteries to run the motor must be in the boat and hooked up. If you run a 12V I guess you get to save some weight.
    5. Moderate fishing load. I would assume most of us dual purpose these boats. Some would be more loaded up than others. I'm thinking of something more than a snoopy pole.....
    6. Data must be logged with Speedometer and submitted to geoff.ericson@gmail.com. File should be submitted as a gpx file. Instructions to follow.
    7. Runs to be started at idle speed of less than 5mph. I will start collecting data at the speed transition from 5mph prior to the next jump in speed. The data plotter logs at 1 second intervals. A chance exists that 89/90 may over lap. In all my runs this hasn't happened. Should it, I will decide accordingly. We are splitting hairs here. If its too close to tell I will make more signs and we can have a tie.
    8. All files to be submitted by Nov. 30th 2017. Tournament season should be over and we should of all had the opportunity to run in cooler weather.
    9. I will have an template setup for submitting data files. I will need basic info about your boat, setup, and prop.
    10. I will not be running as I'm putting all the data together.

Thoughts?

Lets see who can put up the best number!!!!
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Just to get the ball rolling. Here are a few passes from yesterday when testing. 28 seconds to 90mph for the Promax 30p and 29 seconds for the Bravo 30 XS.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. Member
    I think 90 is a pretty safe speed to attain and it's make you run a more realistic prop size.
    You better prop up (down) as I ran to 91.6 in 18 seconds in my orange 2+2 fully loaded with just me in the boat. I have it on video if that matters. I believe my ProSport will do a little better than that with the 26 Bravo but I have yet to be in the boat by myself.
    It'll be fun to see results........

4. Member
    My time to 90 mph? 4 years two different boats two different engines and at least a half a dozen props still not there.

Jay is running this morning. He should punish me as well. 30p isn't the right prop for this. They are on the limiter in the mid 90's and I wouldn't run them as fishing props. As you mentioned a 28 would be better. I have one coming.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

6. Member
    maybe, my seatime is short this year. But November 30th gives me time to re-learn how to drive. and setup my boat.

To run 90, balance is so important, anyone not running a lot of gear will need a few lead bags, tools and spare props for ballast so either way.. I'm not sure of my time to 90, but 18 seconds is quite fast.

7. Member
    ooh, ooh, I want in, but I need an XB21 first! Send any you know of that might be for sale to me (2+2 or BasSport).

THANKS and y'all be safe.
    Hope is not a method!

8. Member
    Wish I could play in this, but I don't have the right boat.

Anyway i I need to download those app, would help in set up for me. This is a cool idea.

How fast is your gps refresh rate? The display on my lowrance can't keep up with my acceleration but I don't know if the data is keeping up but the display is t.

Im gonna test out those apps anyway.

If anyone down here wants anyhelp with set up and testing for this I'd be down. I test and work on set up on my boats all the time.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Anyone have a 25 Bravo I could borrow for a few passes......I don't think my 34 Performer is gonna cut it
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

10. Member
    Call xb03fs he's got a 24. Rocket out of the hole!

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    Call xb03fs he's got a 24. Rocket out of the hole!
    That should do it! A 24 on the limiter at 7k should be pretty quick.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

I forgot you have a 7k limiter Tim. I have a 25p bravo xs that hits the limiter (6400) in 19 seconds at 83.

If you don't have an XB21 send me the data anyways. I will still put it on the board.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    That should do it! A 24 on the limiter at 7k should be pretty quick.
    It should barely touch 90 onthe limiter might have 91-92 mph in it at the most. Need to run that one ;)

14. Member
    I know you've said before but what are you using to plot the data?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    It should barely touch 90 onthe limiter might have 91-92 mph in it at the most. Need to run that one ;)
    If he is wanting to use mine for the run, I have been told it measures over 25 on a pitch block. Odd its labeled a 23 by hydromotive, so I call it a 24.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I forgot you have a 7k limiter Tim. I have a 25p bravo xs that hits the limiter (6400) in 19 seconds at 83.

If you don't have an XB21 send me the data anyways. I will still put it on the board.
    Tim has a 2 seat XB21 Bassport Pro

17. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    what is the exact name of this app?? I search "speedometer" on iphone and a dozen pop up but none I've seen for around 5 bucks
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

See if this works.

https://appsto.re/us/q78OF.i
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

19. Member
    What's the app you are using Geoff? Is it an apple or android app?

20. Member
    It is an apple app and I couldn't find the same app in android.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast