Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    You can find a bunch on android. I ran one a few years ago but can't recall the name. The nice thing about the apple app is the sample rate is low so you don't get too much data. Apple is a lot more locked down on the other hand so you don't have a lot of apps to choose from. I will look when get back home on one of my android tablets.

Again. None of these replace expensive data loggers. You have to do a lot of work to get the data out and into a useful format but we are taking $5 for this. So you can't expect a lot. VBOX makes a few versions. They run $4-500. https://www.vboxmotorsport.co.uk/ind...performancebox

Jay ran it tonight and we we got it to work. It was exciting to see someone elses data. The weather and water need to cooperate so we can see what his boat can really do. I thought it was impressive for the temps.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

I did a search of the store and found many GPX file recorders. Here are a few. Someone want to give it a try? A simple car ride is all we need. Probably could go for a walk as well. Just need a few minutes of recording to see if the file output looks good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pslogger&hl=en
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otracker&hl=en
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pxlogger&hl=en
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.logger&hl=en This one I used a few years ago and it worked well.
    Last edited by River Rocket; 07-10-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

3. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    I think 90 is a pretty safe speed to attain and it's make you run a more realistic prop size.
    You better prop up (down) as I ran to 91.6 in 18 seconds in my orange 2+2 fully loaded with just me in the boat. I have it on video if that matters. I believe my ProSport will do a little better than that with the 26 Bravo but I have yet to be in the boat by myself.
    It'll be fun to see results........
    I must admit, and already told you at the time, that the acceleration of your 2+2 was very impressive even with the 28p ? prop that you had on it when I ran it. If the cowling wasn't creating so much wind drag, it would be impressive on the big end too.

4. Member
    Steve how big is that cowling ha ha!!

5. Member
    I am wondering what my boat would run to 90 mph in now. I know it is pretty quick but I don't think it is 18 seconds quick. That is a good number.

6. Member
    Sjc you arnt thinking the 0-80 time you videod for Bradleyss was it? 18 second to 90 is blazing
    Last edited by xb03fs; 07-11-2017 at 10:07 PM.

I have received several PM's, texts, and emails. Most are in favor of an 85mph shootout vs 90mph.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Sjc you arnt thinking the 0-80 time you videod for Bradleyss was it? 18 second to 90 is blazing
    No,
    A friend was videoing while we were out on the Clinch river after work one night and I decided to give the 25 ProMax prop a run. I backed out when I crossed a few ripples and max speed was 91.6. When you watch the video, you can see when I accelerated and then hear when I get into the ripples. It's 18 seconds from point A to point B.

No,
    A friend was videoing while we were out on the Clinch river after work one night and I decided to give the 25 ProMax prop a run. I backed out when I crossed a few ripples and max speed was 91.6. When you watch the video, you can see when I accelerated and then hear when I get into the ripples. It's 18 seconds from point A to point B.
    Guess we have to tag you with an asterisk being you aren't running a Merc lol. Or put you in with the drag guys lol.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

That is seriously quick in a XB21!!
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

11. Member
    I'm going to need a 23" prop if we're limiting the run to 85 mph. Should be a real thrill though!

12. Member
    I'm going to need a 23" prop if we're limiting the run to 85 mph. Should be a real thrill though!
    Maybe we can meet up with tim Powell this fall to make our runs I'll bring the short props

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Maybe we can meet up with tim Powell this fall to make our runs I'll bring the short props
    Bring'em to Paducah, KY....you can run WOT till you run out of gas.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

14. Member
    I want to

15. Moderator
    Steve's 2+2 was quick, the ProSport is probably quicker.

16. Member
    According to Allison's, the 2+2 is the heaviest XB-21 model and the ProSport is the lightest.
    I had to run 75#'s of ballast in the 2+2 when I was solo and in the ProSport, I need nothing as it has the center-steer optional seating. I also know my 26" Bravo has a better hole shot than the 25 ProMax I ran in the 2+2.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how quick you Mercury fellows can push a XB-21.....

17. Member
    Have you downloaded the app yet? I did and going to try to do some testing soon. I am
    Very rusty behind the wheel given all the family cruising I have done lately. So still trying to get my feel back. But I should have some initial info soon. So rusty it was tough pushing past 80 the other day

According to Allison's, the 2+2 is the heaviest XB-21 model and the ProSport is the lightest.
    I had to run 75#'s of ballast in the 2+2 when I was solo and in the ProSport, I need nothing as it has the center-steer optional seating. I also know my 26" Bravo has a better hole shot than the 25 ProMax I ran in the 2+2.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how quick you Mercury fellows can push a XB-21.....
    The 2+2's are definitely the heaviest. Even with lower gears my 250 won't compete with your monster! I can't wait to see what yours does with that ProSport/Sub (whichever you have now). I told Geoff to go ahead and get your award started lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

19. Member
    Maybe if no one loans him a small prop we will have a chance

Maybe if no one loans him a small prop we will have a chance
    Or pulls a couple plug wires to even things up lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast