Converting single to dual axle trailer...fender questions

I have a ProCraft V-200DC, which is a 20' dual console with 200hp Mercury Black Max. Currently, the boat has a single axle trailer (which I believe is factory). I've always preferred dual axle trailers, as it gives a little bit of extra insurance on the road. I'm considering adding a second axle to the trailer, which will require a little bit of work. The fabrication doesn't concern me too much, as I have the equipment and capability to do the work myself.

My current fenders are welded in place, as are the spring hangers for the leaf springs, so all of that will have to be cut out of the way with the plasma torch. Any suggestions on replacement dual axle fenders that are set up to double as bunk pads? On the trailer now, it has a set of bunk pads just rear of the fenders. Of course, the dual fender set up will take up more real estate on the trailer frame, and will have work as bunks as well. Not really interested in fiberglass fenders, and would like to stick with steel.

Any suggestions?

If you have the time and right tools.. Might get a set of metal fenders and make them narrow at the top like the glass ones.