What braid is the "roundest"

What brand braid are you guys running on your spinning setup. I had some trouble with the last I spooled up wanting to bind on itself, especially after catching a fish.

2. Member
    Diawa Samurai and YGK G-Soul are the best for my spinning applications. Don't know what you mean by binding on itself. If you mean digging into the spool, your drag may be too tight. I really don't have that problem. YGK won't be the roundest, but probably the smoothest.

On a spinning setup I only run Power Pro Super slick. If you were using an actual braided line, Samurai Braid would get my vote.

4. Member
    Been using tufline 4orce and it's been good so far. I really liked the seaguar kanzen especially for spinning reels. I've tried super slick and I'm in the minority where I can't stand that stuff. Casting distance and accuracy is worse, tangles around the tip more than regular braid and gets wind knots easier. It was by far the worst braid I've used. Regualy power pro is great on spinning reels though. Berkley fireline is made for spinning reels since it's flat but I've had the same issues with that as I had with super slick
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis S. View Post
    Diawa Samurai and YGK G-Soul are the best for my spinning applications. Don't know what you mean by binding on itself. If you mean digging into the spool, your drag may be too tight. I really don't have that problem. YGK won't be the roundest, but probably the smoothest.
    Agree with this. Stuff is amazing - I have the SS112 on my Stradics.

6. Member
    On my current power cranking/moving spinning combo - I am very pleased with Tuf-Line Domin8, especially for the $22 I paid for 300 yards of 20lb...don't know about the other lines noted here (granted I have fished the Samurai and feel that in the lower diameters it is too prone to tangles and wind knots), but if I were to spend more money, I would likely run the YGK.

7. Member
    I mostly use Tuf-line but I am starting to like the sufix 832 Ghost Braid 10 Lbs line for my spinning setup