Thread: Totalscan WTH?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    right now im not thrilled with the totalscan, unless its the head unit. but ive discovered that if you tilt the transducer to 15-20 degrees you can scan a loooooong distance on that side.

yesterday i had it tiltled to the right slightly on 455 and could max out side scan distance with good images

Speed is showing 1.6...might want to speed up just a bit...maybe around 5...this should get you better images.
    2020 Nitro Z20 - 250 hp Mercury ProXS 4 Stroke
    HDS Live 12 @ bow x 2 with Active Target
    HDS Live 12 @ console

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R0lltide View Post
    I understand what and why they are asking you to send pics, I personally don't think it's necessary to send more pics if you have it on a temporary mount and can make unlimited adjustments with the same results. Any reason for not putting it on the transom? Could be moving around on the temporary mount... also when in calm water does it work fine? I run a total scan and have not seen this so it's not normal. But I do know that running chirp while looking at structure scan will give horrible results. Which is stupid imo. Ecsuse I like to look at 2d sonar and structure at the same time
    I must've missed your post initially.
    I haven't permanently mounted it yet because I intend to use it on a canoe or kayak as well as my "big" boat. And i do get better images in calmer water but still not great. If you look at my second post with pics you'll notice I have real bright center but then goes black on sidescan. Either the range is terrible, or the display is.

4. Banned
    went back out today by myself and i think the mystery is solved....I wasnt factoring in the bow weight from my passenger before.

todays images were much better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12