Charger Dash rebuild

Hey guys I finally got my boat back and am in the process of rebuilding the dash and putting in hydraulic steering. It is a 2000 395TF. It originally had a bad 225 OPTI but I am repowering with a 02 225EFI that is Smartcraft compatible. I have pulled all the old gauges out and am wanting to go to a HDS9 in dash that can monitor everything but my question is what back-up gauges would you want/need to fill out the dash? Flasher? Depth Graph? Temp? or just maybe the Merc idiot lights with the Speedo and Tach? Give me your thoughts as to what would be acceptable safety/functionality? I also pulled all switches out as the mounting backing was cracked and looks bad. It has the old style rockers so what are you guys using to update them and after redoing the switches how do you get the name tags right and be durable? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Try these guys for your switches - https://newwiremarine.com/

3. Member
    Hey guys I got my switches took care of, I called the factory and they had a complete NOS panel with switches for my boat and he really took care of me. Now to the next step, I am redoing the dash and am thinking about complete new gauges. I had a 2000 Merc 225 opti that was bad and bought a 02 225 EFI and had it mounted up. I had a shop do the installation and they did great for what they had to deal with as the previous shop had pulled all the dash apart to do a renew on the gel and carpet. Long story short after 15 months I got my boat back completely disassembled (dash) and wires are a mess. I took it to another that done the seats and carpet and gel work and finally got that up to snuff. So my question is can buy a new harness that runs from the motor plug up to dash? My motor shows to be smartcraft capable. What does that mean for new gauges? Also my boat came originally with the multipurpose Mercury Idiot light and buzzer for the OPTI. I think its bad(or not compatible as it doesn't seem to work now but it is a discontinued part so what are my options to replace that? Also Just a couple of the gauges are working so I am going to put all new ones in hope the new ones will be easy to figure out and get to working.