2013 Stratos electronics what going on

Not sure this is the correct place to post this but will start here. I have owned this boat for 2 years without any issues until now. Installed an new HDS9 next to the console so had to pull a new transducer through the side to the console and that went fine. Since I have hooked this unit up the tach and speedometer are screwed up. The tach does not move at all the needle stays around 900RPM but the light comes on. The speedo zeros out and then jumps to 20-25.
    this is when just turning the key and not starting the motor. When running it jumps all over the place the tach never moves. Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Where did you get the power for the new HDS unit from?

3. Member
    I had a unit in the dash which I took out. Those cables were used on the new unit .

i would trace them and make sure they go back to battery. sounds like they are tied to your dash and the new unit is either drawing more power or something causing the gauges to function erratically.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

5. Member
    I just installed a new HDS-9 and ran power directly to battery. No problems.
    2015 Skeeter ZX250 with 2015 SHO 250hp
    12" Helix MSI at console linked with
    9" Helix MDI at bow
    52" 36v Ultrex
    (sold and I miss it)

Unhook the HDS and see what happens. If no change you likely pulled a wire lose or something of that sort
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

7. Member
    Most likely those cords run to a fuse under the dash and its probably a bad connection or something. try a direct line to the battery

8. Member
    problems have been fixed. Purple wire had come off tach nut and all and found speedometer sender wires corroded. How the hell this all happens at same time .......all is working fine now.

Or use a fuse block, and run all your electronics on that and run straight to the battery. I left NMEA on console switch. Didn't put a breaker on block.
    2012 Stratos 294 Evolution, Mercury 200 PROXS (1B933452)// HDS live 12 with AT 1, HDS Pro 10 with AT 2, HDS Carbon 12 with SS3D, point 1, sonichub2, Lowrance Ghost, and 3 Ionic lithium batteries.