Thread: Mexico

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mexico

I want to take a trip to Mexico but can't decide on El Salto or Bacarrat or the best month. I sure would appreciate any input.

2. Member
    Im with ya. I was looking at ronspeed adventures. Been looking at em but dont really know how it works. Any help anyone can give would be great.

3. Member
    Here's a website of a person that's very active on the Texas Fishing Forum: www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips. His name is Don Harper and has several youtube videos in Mexico. I don't him other than he post a lot on TFF.

Went to El Salto a few years ago with Anglers Inn. Couldn't haven't have asked for a better trip. Fishing and service both were great.

This guy can give you some info http://www.tackleandrods.com/lake/flash.htmive

6. Member
    Sugar lake all I have to say! Great Lake and has toads everywhere!

7. Member
    I'd call Dannie Golden. Besides being an all round good guy he is the best guide on Lake Ray Roberts in North Texas. Dannie does several trips to Mexico every year with great results. You can get his contact info here: http://www.get-bit.com/
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

I am thinking about booking a trip for next year too. Looking at Ron Speed just because he provides rods to use for free. Any body been with him. Good, bad?
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

9. Member
    Anyone have info on flight for the El Salto trip advertised in the late issue of BASS MASTER?

10. Member
    Ron Speeds for sure. I've been to El Salto several times and once to Baccarac. El Salto continues to produce every time I've been. Just be sure to try and go when the nets aren't in. It really affects the fishing. I've been there in Jan. Feb. and March and it didn't seem to matter much the time of year. However my best trip was at the end of March last year. Baccarac was a good trip just and we caught some good fish. I have been thinking about giving it another try. It's an older lake and lacks the trees so it was a lot of carolina and deep football jig fishing with some deep cranking as well. It was either a small 10 to 12 in. fish or 3 to 4 lbs. with a few big ones mixed in. If you want lots of fish then Picachos is your lake. 45 min.from Mazatlan and always a chance for a big one. I flew out of Nashville last year for around $700 but usually fly out of Ohare for around $800 or so. Really just depends on where you fly out of I guess. Most guys go through Dallas. Hope this helps and if you need anymore info I would be glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by jdwo2212 View Post
    Im with ya. I was looking at ronspeed adventures. Been looking at em but dont really know how it works. Any help anyone can give would be great.
    Pretty easy...call em up and tell them when and where you want to go. They will give availability. Pick your place and package, send them a check. They will send release forms and info packet on everything. They also work with a travel agency for flights, but I don't recommend using them. A rep will pick you up at the airport and off you go. Pretty easy actually. Did picachos a couple years ago. It was a blast for numbers.

The speed accommodations at picachos were okay...not super nice but not bad either, The meals were excellent, free booze and beer. Plan on 50 bucks a day for tips...25 for your room attendant, and 25 for your guide. Its the norm, expected, and well worth every penny. Better book early...they fill up quick and the season is only so long on picachos. Its way to hot in the summer.
    Last edited by dean c; 07-10-2017 at 04:39 AM.

12. Member
    good morning,

www.mexicofishing.net............dougs crew is great at both salto and baccaac...free ground transportation, great food, guides, boats, rods, etc............

you can PM me here or call doug king at 480 491 9300........he is great and will call you back..i have been 5 times with these guys and have 10 fish over 10 #..

to bad photobucket is not doing hosting anymore.......

good luck,
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet2
    Last edited by bluebonnet2; 07-12-2017 at 08:01 AM.

13. Member
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Anything for the ladies to do at any of these places? My girlfriend doesnt fish but in no way is she gonna let me go alone. Lol.

14. Member
    yes ladies always welcome at probass adventures.....www.mexicofishing.net.....plenty of hot water, and fresh linens every day !!!!!!!!!!

good luck,
    PURA VIDA,
    bluebonnet2

15. Member
    I've made 3 trips to El Salto, with Billy Chapmans Anglers Inn. By far, the best I've seen or used.
    boats, guides, accommodations all first rate. Favorite time is mid May to mid June. No nets, water down, big fish concentrated.

16. Member
    If u want the best chance at a 10 pounder go to baccarac. If u want a chance at 7-8 pound fish go to el salto

Figure out what boats you will be using no matter who the company is. Both Ron Speed and Anglers Inn will be good trips and the accommodations are a wash on semi rustic compared against each other. Either will be fine.

18. Member
    I went with pro bass adventures and got more days for less money than other resorts. They also have fiberglass boats where others have aluminum

Was at Pro Bass Adventures this past February on El Salto and it was a very good experience. Great crew taking care of you, our guide was marginal but we still caught descent fish and the "do it all guy" Hollywood was an awesome host and hilarious guy.
    2007 Tracker Pro Team 175 TXW with 60hp 4-stroke

20. Member
    Yes Hollywood made the trip 10x times better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast