Hiding screws under carpet.... How in the world did they do this ???

Carpeting my stratos 20 extreme. I am at the rear and have removed the aluminum cap that sets directly behind the seats and covered the fuel tank access. Took me a bit but I eventually found it was held down with screws. What im struggling with is how in the world did they hide the heads of the screws under the carpet when the piece is obviously carpeted before installation.

Am I just missing something here ?

2. Member
    I had the same problem ! 99 Triton ! I found the screw heads after talking to 1 of the dealers in Tenn. I just keep fluffing the area, around each head, almost can't tell now ! Remember the older the carpet, the harder it is to get it to go back to hide the screws.

3. Member
    AFTER I FINALLY FOUND THEM back there,when I recarpeted mine, I used Stainless Finishing Washers when I reinstalled the panel....NOW at least I KNOW where the screws are when I have to remove the panel again...Agreed.....Silly idea to COVER a screw with carpeting...
    Fiat Voluntas Dei!

4. Member
    Not hidden under it, they just pull their way through it. Skeeter, tritons, same chit.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR