Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Hind sight is always 20/20 and the B will always be an icon in the line up but this new CURADO K
    Is going to be a game changer IMHO. I gave up one of my Met MGLs and fished a 200K XG for two days and as hard as it is to beleive
    I did not miss it....the K casts like you will not beleive and the 200 size spool on a 10% smaller frame fits really nicely in you hand, and is an absolute winch when you need it. I have to admit, I've been waiting a long time for this one, and YES
    It is made in Malaysia and is SOLID-BUTTER SMOOTH!
    Dan , I think many people are gonna love the new Sustain just as well. Simply put, it's everything that a Sustain should be , a really nice piece.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    Dan , I think many people are gonna love the new Sustain just as well. Simply put, it's everything that a Sustain should be , a really nice piece.
    Yes and another reel out of the Malaysian facility...
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

I've only owned 2 generations of curado the E and the I. The I performed better and had more power. The palm side plate on the E flexed under heavy loads.

4. Member
    For whatever the reason the old greenies rubbed a blister on my hand. I went to all E series and have loved every minute of them. I tried a couple I's and just wasnt a fan at all. The G's were a joke. I may try a K just to see what all the fuss is but i dont ever see me giving up my E's and i have backups if any ever faulter. I have big hands and these newer smaller reels feel like a toy in my hands but i could see where theyd be beneficial to someone with smaller hands
    They aint got hands, set the hook

5. Member
    The E is my favorite. Never cared for the ergonomics of the older reels, and the G's just are not reliable enough. I am really excited about the K, but I don't need any. Stocked up on Es!
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    All I will say on this matter is that, generally newer stuff is improved due to technological advances, etc., however, only time will tell if the other models are as durable as the old B series. Also, for whatever reason, the Japanese are usually superior when building mechanical stuff. I do not have any of the newer models with the outer cast control dial, but I do prefer one cast control mechanism plus the spool tension knob, I think that adding another control is overkill, just my opinion.

7. Member
    CU 200. Tough as nails and keeps on working.

8. private pond ninja
    50e is still a sweet little reel
    __________________________________________________ ______________

9. Member
    the 70/71 is my favorite. haven't tried the new Curado K.

10. Member
    For me, I love the small profile which is the Curado 70. It just fits perfectly for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12