Tree limb hit my roof pretty hard and did some damage

Has anyone had any damage repaired or had a new roof put on ??? I have a 26' dutchmen and its a spot about 12" x 12", and has taken on some water. Where its damaged, is a little soft in the area.

2. Scraps
    Depending on how big this limb was, could have damaged the plywood, or cracked a rafter. Curious what the rafter spacing is underneath, could be that your plywood was in bad shape to begin with and the branch found the issue. If Contractors are like those in my area, the issue may be getting someone out there for a "small" job. Also sounds like you'll want to file an insurance claim. With roofs an insurance company would lean toward replacing the whole roof. You'd also have to find out if you can find shingles that are still in production and match perfectly.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Thanks for the reply !! Its not a shingle roof, its appears to be a fiberglass texture but its almost spongy when you stand on it. Hard to describe it without seeing it.

4. Member
    It's his travel trailer, no shingles. You either have a TPO or EPDM roof. The EPDM is a rubber membrane with a UV type white coating on it. TPO is claimed to be a PVC type product but feels and appears more like a vinyl rubber hybrid to the touch, in my opinion. Once you get water in there you pretty much need it taken down to the trusses and start over. You are going to have mold in the roof insulation more than likely. I would make an insurance claim and see what they decide. Also look here www.rvroof.com . If I was going to repair one I think I would do that and I don't think you'd ever have to worry about it again, ever.

As far as the torn spot in the roof goes, if you just want to repair it and move on you can use eternabond tape. That's the same stuff they use on slide outs where the roof meets the edge trim and it would last the life of the roof. Hope I helped ya some.

Depending on how far you plan on going with your roof repair or replacement, use some Eternabond tape in the short time. You can repair places such as the damage on your roof. It is waterproof, pliable and highly tacky. Once its in place, it ain't coming off.

Thanks for the help guys, those were the answers i was needing

7. Scraps
    I need to put my f'n glasses on!
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I need to put my f'n glasses on!
    I was laughing

9. Member
    I can tell you from experience replacing almost a whole roof on your own is alot of work. Actually just finished doing mine on a 23 Ft Rockwood Roo Hybrid. I had to replace all of the plywood on top, the plywood inside and out and the foam in the area near the bathroom. Took me 6 weeks to complete working every day after work for 3 to 4 hours and then doing 12 to 14 days on the weekends. Was just a huge job but I am a total DIY type so glad I did it.