Anyone know Cheatham Lake

Anyone got any tips for fishing Cheatham Lake by Ashland City, TN?
    I haven't fished it from a boat. Is it decent for crappie? Do you have to work the areas out of the main Cumberland River channel to find the bass? Any tips are appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Just got back from there. It was a tough bite tonight. Only had one keeper. Chatham is a feast or famine type lake. You can catch fish just about anywhere at anytime of the year. One of those lakes where you might zero today but go back tomorrow and catch a 20# sack. Just keep fishing and you'll figure it out.

3. Member
    Focus on bluff walls early, buzzbaits/topwater. Creek mouths and structure/cover in or near them, Harpeth river and Sycamore Creek below the bridge.

Go to KY Lake or Barkley

As said already, it can be a tough nut to crack.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

5. Banned
    Fish the wood in the sloughs in less than 3 ' of water with a jig

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I'm in Pleasant View, so Cheatham Lake is is what's closest to me is why I asked about it, but I will for sure be making the rounds to Old Hickory, Percy Priest, and Kentucky Lake.