Thread: Moe Norman

Moe Norman

Interesting video on Moe Norman. He was one of two guys that Tiger Woods believed mastered his swing. Moe was a Canadian and won over 50 tournaments on the Canadian golf tour.

2. Member
    had a 59 three times . amazing . I read a story about him but i don"t remember what it was called. But it talks about some of his shots. one of them was he was playing with his pairing partners and one of the holes had a creek thru the fairway. Moe went to the tee box with his driver and someone in the group said Moe you cant carry that creek . You need to lay up. moe told him he was right i cant carry it . But hit his driver anyway and watched his ball run across the walking bridge to the other side of the creek . the story was something like that

3. Member
    Brandell Chamblee told the story on The Golf Channel that Moe was in a tourney once and hit 3 of 4 pins on the par 3's. Didn't ace any of them but hit the damn pins 3 out of 4!!! A friend of mine saw him in an exhibition once. Said he got tired of seeing him hit the 100yard sign on the fly. Also got tired of seeing him hit the 150 yard sign as well!!!!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

4. Banned
    Mr. Norman would also sleep in the traps. Titleist gave Him $5/month to hit their ball and give clinics. He'd also play at night just needing to know where the sprinkler line was.

Here is another legend, Count Yogi

http://westbayproductions.com/yogi/history.htm

5. Member
    That story put it really politely but Moe was straight up run out of the PGA...he was a different character indeed but watching him hit balls...fascinating. He claims to have only lost two golf balls ever while playing. There are some videos of him out there on you tube...well worth watching!

6. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Dude was an enigma in the golf world. He was as close to a machine as a human could be when hitting the golf ball. I think his mind was simple and was geared to think differently than the rest of us when it came to golf. Most of us try to think way too much about hitting the ball and forget about the task of hitting the ball to the target. We start playing golf swing instead of playing golf. Moe didn't have that problem.