Winter Haven Chain

Last time I was there was May is the water up any??

2. Member
    Subscribing as I would like to know as well.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

3. Member
    Same here thinking of going this weekend....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 514F-1 View Post
    Same here thinking of going this weekend....
    If you, please report back as I would like to go back there as well.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

5. Member
    its been raining on us just about everday here in winter haven. the chain should be up atleast a couple inches but still a little shallow thru the canals.

6. Member
    Was there today, water level was fine, but boy was it tough! From 7 until 12 I had only 3 bites...only one keeper. Fished Eloise, Lulu and winterset only place I got bit was Lulu, was hoping for better, but hey that's fishing...

7. Member
    Thanks for the update. I drove out there today just to look at the water level at the Lake Shipping ramp and I must say holy crap was that place busy! I was there about 3pm and trucks and trailers were parked everywhere to include all the ditches around the marina. There were also about a half dozen bass boats out of the water talking near the ramps and kind of made me mad as they were hindering people putting in and taking out of the lake. IMHO gave all us bass fisherman a bad image. I did not drag my boat, I just wanted to see the water level. It appeared to be up so its only down now by about 1.5 feet.

I did witness a guy put his boat in by himself and the boat floated off the trailer real smooth like. There was no one in the boat and I though maybe he has one of those trolling motor setups that brings the boat back after you park. Well after the boat floated away from the ramp and the driver got out with his hands on his hips watching his boat float away, I figure he did not have one of those trolling motor deals. Another boater picked him up and took him out to his boat. The owner then put the boat back on the trailer and left. Not sure, but kind of figure it was his first time putting in by himself and he had left the bow hook out with no ropes to the trailer. I guess you can say, lesson learned.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

8. Member
    There is normally a show to be seen when it is busy.

9. Member
    Yeah, it was a zoo out there to say the least. I put in at Lake Summit, and there must have been 200 trailers there when I came in. They were having a big party on Eloise I guess, there must have been 500 boats parked in one area of the lake by about noon.

10. Member
    yes it was called Floatilla. they do it every year. everyone goes out and parks in the shallow area and they have a band on a barge. just relax and enjoy the music

11. Member
    they also have one on Big Crooked in Babson park/Lake wales its called Booze Cruise every year.

12. Member
    Good time to stay away if you ask me. I can only imagine how many trailers got hit with all the clowns parking everywhere.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S