How's Patoka been

What is the grass on Patoka like and how are the biting? I'm getting out one evening next week and was just looking for some input.

2. Member
    Zero grass, typical Patoka fishing right now catch a decent one here or there and BIG BOAT traffic terrible. Shad roaming surface every where.

3. Banned
    There is no grass. Well I take that back. I found little spot than I can pull up about 2 inch long pieces if I dredge a 5xd through it. Lol

Bite is sporadic now and tough if you don't know the lake well. Yesterday morning fished a club deal and had one keeper. Lot of the really good guys struggled. Fished a night tournament last night and a limit that weighed 21.65 and I slept through have of it. Lol. Just the way it is up there now. If your timing is good when they pull up on those deep spots the right ones are biting. Bad timing and well......it's tough lol

4. Member
    Patoka kicked my butt today! I had a drum on a ned rig and my buddy had a cat on a 5xd. Not even a short fish. Lots of shad...but no bass eating them.

5. Member
    Buddy and I went Tuesday night and only caught 10, but best five was 19.72lbs. They were all healthy fish with big bellys. I think the loss of grass every few years helps. It forces them out to feed on all of the shad , and we saw a lot of threadfin shad.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb01 View Post
    Buddy and I went Tuesday night and only caught 10, but best five was 19.72lbs. They were all healthy fish with big bellys. I think the loss of grass every few years helps. It forces them out to feed on all of the shad , and we saw a lot of threadfin shad.
    I hope you're right, but I don't think so. The fish that were already grown it may force out there. The problem lies with the first year bass. no grass they have no where to hide. I think the survival rate is poor when there is no grass. I believe this is the third straight year without it. I really believe the next 1-3 years were really gonna see the downfall of not having the grass