Lowrance Sonic Hub 2

Well hey guys, thought I read it on here, but could not find it when i needed it. But wanted everybody to know, in case you guys didn't. I had the Sonic Hub installed with the docking station a few years ago. Really liked it and found it to be very useful. I recently purchased a boat in the box deal, which came with a HDS-12 and a HDS-9 and the sonic hub 2 and some more stuff. Well anyways, i kept my old docking station cause the new sonic hub didn't come with a docking station. To be honest you really don't need the docking station with the new sonic hub 2, but still wanted to play the music from my IPODS, which i have several of them. Well Lowrance technical support told me on the phone a couple of days ago, that the new sonic hub will not play music from older IPODS, its a version/protocol change. I was a little upset when they told me that, but oh well. I have a docking station in my toon thats basically only there for charging now. The only way to play music from my IPODS is to upgrade the docking station to the new Lowrance/Fusion Docking station from what they tell me anyways. It doesn't really make any sense to me, but in my own opinion i think its the way the USB cable is wired maybe or the actual USB ports on the sonic hub. I asked lowrance tech support that I may have been looking on the wrong place, but i searched their website for cold hard facts and could not find anything, and all i could here was crickets on the other end of the phone line. LOL....just figured i would pass the info on to you guys on here, in case any of you are planning to upgrade in the near future. BTW, THE IPODS I HAVE ARE OLDER MODELS, I HAVE A 6TH GENERATION IPOD TOUCH AND A 160GB ORIGINAL 6TH GENERATION IPOD AS WELL. THEY DONT HAVE BLUETOOTH, BUT MY TOUCH HAS WIFI......HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE WEEKEND GENTS.
    DANNY HOLBROOK
    2023 Nitro XL Pro w/ 250 ProXS
    22 YEAR ACTIVE ARMY RETIRED VETERAN

2. Member
    I have a sonic hub 1 docking station. Let me know if you need.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I don't have a sonic hub but I don't believe much of what their "tech support" has to say...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Banned
    I'd suspect it's due to Apple reconfiguring the usb connector to comply with EU rules

This is a APPLE is issue, not Lowrance.

BTW - APPLE sucks. every time they update the make all accessories obsolete..........
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo